cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International sales/shipping

Ok, so I think that all my listings are on the Ebay International shipping thing but I am getting messages from a buyer in France who claims he cannot purchase.

My item has free shipping which is what he is looking for.

When items go through international shipping with Ebay is there a charge to the buyer? Can we find out how much?

And if the charge is prohibitive can I ship directly myself?

Thanks for the input/assistance!

Jeff

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@hubbard69565,

I looked at several of your items, and they only have shipping to the USA. There was no international shipping available on them.

Yes, if you use eBay International Shipping EIS, then the buyer has to pay for the international shipping (and VAT tax) themselves. When they view a listing that has EIS shipping, they will be able to see the shipping cost. If they view it on eBay.com, the VAT tax (20% in France) is added at checkout, which may be an unpleasant shock for a European buyer, because in Europe the VAT is always included in the sticker price, not added on at checkout.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

About 20 of your items show that you ship through EIS but the rest appear to ship to the US only.   If you want to ship to France directly on a non EIS listing you should be able to add a shipping option to France but you would want to charge the buyer for the shipping cost. It's unlikely that they are going to find a seller from the US that ships free to Europe.

First class package international does have tracking to France. If it is an expensive item, you might not want to ship it directly.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply