cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipment Not Delievred, Getting ready to get screwed again.

Here we go again...shipped an international shipment using the Ebay international standard delivery service.  Item arrived at sorting center and of course disappeared and hasn't been delivered.  Here's the issue: when you print a label for this service it gives you 2 tracking numbers:  the one to the center and an international number.  Of course, once it scans at the sort center, the domestic tracking number magically disappears from any record and only the international number remains.  The international number does not prove delivery as far as Ebay is concerned so there you have it, cased closed, buyer wins.  Originally, if I recall correctly, one of the benefits of this program was that if the item made it to the sort center then the seller was covered...I have had this happen 3 times now and this has not been the case.  Suggestions anyone?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

"Item arrived at sorting center and of course disappeared"

What was the item and what country did you ship it to?  Did you confirm the item was not restricted before shipped?  

Index of Countries and Localities | Postal Explorer (usps.com)

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

El Salvador.  It was a sewing machine part.  Definitely not restricted.  Been at this quite a while.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

using the Ebay international standard delivery service.

@clehay 

eBay's International standard delivery and the global shipping program (GSP) are two different programs.  If you used the first one, you can track it with this link, and file a claim for "non-delivery" using the second. 

Track here:   trackmyshipment.com or webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com.

File claim here:  https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/eBayIntClaim/CreateeBayClaim

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

You have to dot your Is and cross your Ts.  Chances are there was some infraction.  Were there 3 copies of the invoice?  Did you include the buyer's phone number on the custom's form?   Was it a dutiable item?  

"Observations 

First-Class Mail International and First-Class Package International Service items may not contain dutiable articles.

Commercial invoices are required for all commercial shipments regardless of value and for gift parcels valued at $50 or more. No invoices are required for gift shipments valued at less than $50.

For all shipments valued at $50 or more, the sender should submit to a Salvadoran consulate copies of the commercial invoice in the form prescribed by the Salvadoran regulations. The consulate returns 2 legalized copies to the sender, who should mail them to the addressee direct, not enclosed in the parcel.

For commercial shipments valued at less than $50, 3 copies of the invoice (which need not be legalized) should be mailed directly to the addressee.

Certificates of origin are required only if exemption from or modification of customs duty is claimed under a trade agreement.

Correos de El Salvador requests that the mailer place the addressee’s landline or mobile telephone number on the customs form for each trackable item (i.e., an item sent with Registered Mail service, Priority Mail Express International service, or Priority Mail International service). This contact information assists Correos de El Salvador in calling or sending a text message to the addressee when the item has arrived."

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I understand the two are different programs.  It does show up on the DHL site though...The problem is, Ebay will not recognize the DHL tracking number in the claim.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Not quite sure you understand the process.  This program requires me to send it to a US sort center.  There are no i's to dot or t's to cross.  I have used it dozens if times.  The label is only the US label.  The next carrier (DHL usually) takes care of all international forms.  The sellers responsibility is to only get it to the US sort center.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

The sellers responsibility is to only get it to the US sort center.

@clehay 

I don't think that is the case with the eBay Standard International Shipping program.   The only seller protection offered appears to be the $100 insurance, for which you cannot file for 30 days or some such. and sellers are responsible for DELIVERY to the international location. 

Please review the terms here in case I am mistaken and missed something. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

It does show up on the DHL site though...

Does this tracking show "delivery"? 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@clehay 

Some additional information from the FAQ's:

Am I protected against issues caused by eBay’s partner for eBay international standard delivery (e.g. lost, damage, delays)?

eBay’s seller levels and performance standards apply the same as they do for a typical international eBay order.

While eBay has worked with shipping carriers to create the eBay international standard delivery shipping service, you're still responsible for getting the order to the buyer in good shape.

However, each eBay international standard delivery shipment includes a $100 shipping protection plan to help in case of lost or damaged items.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Use only global shipping instead.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I've filed a few claims this way...each was denied because they didn't accept the tracking number.  Once the package is accepted at the sort station all record of the USPS disappears into thin air.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

No, it does not show delivered on the DHL site.  I read the policy, as I have before.  The biggest problem is that the USPS tracking number is nowhere to be found after the item leaves the country.  Ebay deletes the USPS number and sticks in the international one.  Its absolutely wiped out of the system.  If you file a claim with the international number they deny it every time.  It says invalid and will only accept a USPS tracking number.  I'd love to hear how someone has prevailed on one of these claims.  I think I'll be waiting a very long time.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

This has happened to me over the past. Several months, 3 times we in the United States need to stop shipping overseas. To show eBay, their system is trash.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@clehay wrote:

I've filed a few claims this way...each was denied because they didn't accept the tracking number.  Once the package is accepted at the sort station all record of the USPS disappears into thin air.

Even on this page @clehay ?

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

What about when you enter the ESUS tracking number on parcelsapp.com - on that site you should see the original USPS number to the EISD hub over on the right side of the page.

ittybitnot gave you great advice. You shipped EISD so you're responsible for end-to-end delivery and refunding the buyer if the package doesn't make it. If the package gets lost you have up to $100 insurance included and you should be able to retrieve that USPS number for the insurance claim.

EISD will be going away soon so I suggest looking into eIS or a direct shipping method and prepare to update your listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Two year old thread.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 15 of 16
latest reply