cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Return Advice

Hello,

I bought a pen from a seller in the United Kingdom that was not as described. I'm based in the US. I opened a return case on the 8th and the seller accepted on the 10th, but of course, couldn't send me a return label.

I messaged eBay on Facebook on the 14th and escalated the case after hearing nothing from the seller. The seller emailed me right away, offering to pay the cost of shipping via PayPal, or via an online mailing service, or if it's easier, to send the item to his office in Texas.

My questions are:

1) If I go to USPS and get the estimate and he sends me the funds through Paypal, could this affect my full return through eBay? As in, through a "partial refund"? How do I ensure the seller doesn't try that?

2) There is no option to upload tracking for the return on eBay. Under case details, "the case is pending." Do I snap a photo of the package and the tracking number and message the seller?

3) I assume I should only mail it back to the original address in UK and not the Texas address?

4) Assuming I've received the funds and mailed it out, when will eBay act on the case? After the 5 days? When will I get my refund?

Thank you! Any other suggestions are welcome.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

1. Anything is possible but I don't think that should be problem if they are sending you the funds through Paypal.  That won't affect the refund total since the seller wouldn't be refunding through the transaction itself.

2. I think that you will have to phone ebay to upload the tracking for you.

3. I think that most people here would say send it to the return address in the return request.    It would probably be the simplest and the safest.

4. eBay requires that the seller refund you 2 business days after the tracking shows the seller has received the item back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

1. Anything is possible but I don't think that should be problem if they are sending you the funds through Paypal.  That won't affect the refund total since the seller wouldn't be refunding through the transaction itself.

2. I think that you will have to phone ebay to upload the tracking for you.

3. I think that most people here would say send it to the return address in the return request.    It would probably be the simplest and the safest.

4. eBay requires that the seller refund you 2 business days after the tracking shows the seller has received the item back.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply