cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think USPS sent my package to the buyer instead of the authentication center

I shipped a package/envelope to the authenticator but the tracking still hasn’t updated and this was about 5 to 6 days ago. Now I’m just wondering what to do. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

1. Why do you think it was sent to the buyer? If the buyer's address was not on the label then that's not possible.

2. What does "tracking still hasn't updated" mean? Did you get an acceptance scan when you dropped it off with the carrier?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I put it in a drop off bin at the post office on the 17 which was a Sunday. I should’ve just went in on Monday and talk to someone face-to-face.

what I mean by tracking has not updated is that When I track the tracking number, it says USPS is still waiting item. So I was thinking that they may have not scanned it, but sent it to the address that was on the shipping label which would be the buyer or Authenticator right? 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If you purchased the label through eBay then it will have the authenticator's address and would not have gone straight to the buyer.

It's not uncommon for packages to not get scanned, but with pricey items it's generally better to wait in line and get that acceptance scan from the clerk - or schedule a package pickup and leave a post it note asking your carrier to scan on pickup. If the package is never scanned then you'll be at a loss.

It's only been a week. Give it more time and wait to see if it pops up, or if you see acceptance at the authenticator.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@mahawley_0 

never put high dollar items in a drop box. I shipped an expensive pair of Roberto Coin earrings to the authenticity people and it had the label on it, and was fully insured. We took it to the counter, and got a receipt for the package. The USPS will give you one even it the label with postage is already on it. That way you have proof it is in the USPS possession. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yeah next time I’m definitely gonna wait in line I guess all I can do is wait to see what happens. Appreciate you and thanks for the speedy reply.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I hope you did not foolishly use Ebay Standard Envelope (ESE) as the shipping method for your card.

Scanning is unreliable. Delivery is subject to delays especially if your envelope is not uniform in thickness or is too rigid. Waiting on line at the counter does not guarantee an origin scan.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

There is an 800 number on the USPS web site. Call it Monday.  They can pull up a lot more info than what is on line.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

I hope you did not foolishly use Ebay Standard Envelope (ESE) as the shipping method for your card.

That would not have been an option to this seller @tobaccocardyahoo because ESE limit is $20 on a single card.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Next time, have all your parcels scanned by the USPS. You can have the USPS clerk or carrier scan all the parcels or the scan sheet, or use the self service kiosks where you scan the parcels. Just dropping off the parcels is risky from an ebay seller perspective.

Regarding your current parcel, visit the USPS office to see if they show anything in their internal systems.

Good luck!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

That would not have been an option to this seller @tobaccocardyahoo because ESE limit is $20 on a single card.

It appears to me that the $20 limit is being treated like the $100 insurance limit on many items. An insurance limit and nothing else.

Many sellers are charging the same low shipping on $20 or more cards as they are charging on lower priced cards, including some who have posted their ESE problems.

Have you seen ESE blocked as a shipping option based on price of the item? I'm sure Ebay could block it, but are they?

If they are not it is meaningless.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Have you seen ESE blocked as a shipping option based on price of the item? I'm sure Ebay could block it, but are they?

Yes 100% @tobaccocardyahoo .

To be clear: it is blocked on the label purchase page. It is not blocked in the listing flow. Technically, a seller could specify that as the service on the listing, but they will be blocked from choosing that option when they print the label.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply