cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up custom shipping profiles / policies, charges for sellers from Guernsey

Hello,

I am new to eBay and looking for guidance on how I go about adding my own shipping profiles to co-inside with my local post office, such as the various shipping rates (Point 1), type of packaging (Point 2) which all have specific charges for each and are all listed below and the postage methods available (Point 3): 

I have spoken to my local post office and they have confirmed that they do not accept eBay prepaid and completed labels, even thou the service we use here has a contract only with Royal Mail. Also, Guernsey Post have a online customs form to complete prior to shipping, disclosing item cost and tax paid etc, so the eBay labels will not work in respect to my location.

Point 1:

There are different Shipping rates from Guernsey based on the geographic location, such as:

i. Bailiwick of Guernsey

ii. United Kingdom, Jersey & Island Of Man

iii. International (Europe)

iv. International (Rest of the World)

Point 2:

Type of Packaging

i. Large Letter

ii. Small Parcel

iii. Standard Parcel

iv. Large Parcel

Point 3:

Royal Mail Postage methods available

i. Standard

ii. Signed

iii. Special Delivery

iv. International Signed

v. International Tracked

vi. International Tracked & Signed

vii. International Priority Large Parcel

viii. Priority Large Parcel

I haven't created a selling listing to date, and I am unable to see in my selling account the option to pre-set up postage policies before listing my first item. 

I am not a reseller nor looking to conduct a business, just trying to sell to a wider market than my current location from household items only.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How to set up custom shipping profiles / policies, charges for sellers from Guernsey

@coo9318,

Since you are located on the Isle of Guernsey you probably registered to use ebay on their U.K. based site (ebay.co.uk).   However, you have posted your question on the U.S. based site (ebay.com) where we have little  knowledge about Royal Mail, not to mention the special circumstances of Guernsey being a British Crown Dependency, which is why you have Guernsey Post customs forms, which work with Royal mail.

You should repost this topic on the U.K. site's community, where I'm sure someone will be able to help you.  Use the link below to be taken directly to the U.K. Community boards.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

By the way Guernsey is a beautiful island, though the trip thereby sea can be rough.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mudshark61369 

Thanks for your message and my apologies. 

I have listed my question on the UK site and anyone wishing to follow the communication can see the thread on the below link.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage/How-to-set-up-custom-shipping-profiles-policies-charges-for/...

All the best.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply