cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change shipping labels from full page w/ receipt to 2" x 7"?

How do I change my default shipping label from full page 1/2 label / 1/2 receipt format to the smaller  2" x 7" w/o receipt format? 

Can't seem to find that option

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebay_new_label_flow_122718_change_format.gif

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Isn't 2 by 7 kind of tiny and hard to read?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

divwido:  it is not formatted the same as the regular label so it is not like just reducing the size. 

is there any way to make it my default and not have to do it with each label print?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

USPS (and possibly FedEx and UPS) allows an infinite number of label layouts and designs as long as they meet the standards, are approved by USPS, and contain the required info.

The new label flow has a 2x7 layout, and I'm 99% certain it is USPS approved. It contains the required IMpb barcode, the service identifier icon, service banner, payment indicia, and addresses.

(Since I never use that format, I can't be bothered to cross reference all the fields and components against the specs for sizes, fonts, etc, but assume they are USPS acceptable. ie: barcode 3/4" height, service icon 3/4", service banner 20pt bold min, etc )

ebay_June2019_New_Label_flow_USPS_2x7_label_sample.gif

Most of a 6x4 label is wasted whitespace, but we've grown accustomed to seeing that form factor.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

>>is there any way to make it my default and not have to do it with each label print?

I believe the changes made there are supposed to stick.

I don't actually use the new label flow (have printed one label with it). I use the classic flow, and only play with the new flow to help out on the boards here, so can't be certain how it behaves in actual use, label after label. I do know some of the changes there are sticky, and carry over to the classic flow when changed.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I will give it a whirl next time (changing it when I print a label) and come back here to report! 

don't get a ton of sales on this id so may be a spell...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

>>I will give it a whirl next time (changing it when I print a label) and come back here to report!
>>don't get a ton of sales on this id so may be a spell...

Please do report back.

Actually, now that I've looked at that sample label image I posted a bit more, I'm contemplating whether or not to use that 2x7 format myself. Less paper, less toner, less tape, easier to place on some of the padded mailers I use. Unfortunately, that layout has no receipt which I've grown accustomed to printing on the back of the order record page over the last 15 years.

Have to look into a method to archive a postage receipt of some sort if I do try that format. Suppose I could print the label twice since it pretty much contains the receipt info except for the amount paid if stealth postage is used - one on back of order page and one for the pkg. Hmmm.....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The link for your label printer preferences is  in the upper-right section  of the label preparation page.  Usually the preference will carry over for future labels.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply