cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to address the repeated cancel requests and run local pickup better

Usually how can we improve the delivery service. In the two weeks I met several cases which I had to cancel the orders. Please help to give suggestions. 

For the first time, the buyer could not fulfill his pickup by taking city trains to come to me.

For a second time, the buyer made request to cancel because of "found better price". Actually I think that he may consider the shipping fee too high. But I still approved the cancel request.

I meet some problems in my local pickup orders. Is there a low-price shipping option that we can ship only around 15 min car-driving-distance in the same city? How can we run the pickup orders better?

If I want to ship the air conditioners around 20 -40 lbs, which shipping options are good for me?

Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Do not ship that air conditioner. The cost of shipping will be exorbitant compared to the cost of the item. If buyer files a claim you will be at a significant loss.

Perhaps remove "tested working fine" from the title - put that in the description. Instead add to the title: LOCAL PICKUP ONLY (NY)

It should help weed out some of the buyers not willing to pick up.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

And I often can not find a proper box which fits my large size item... 

Usually where do you order your shipping boxes? Thanks

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Do not ship that air conditioner. The cost of shipping will be exorbitant compared to the cost of the item. If buyer files a claim you will be at a significant loss.

Perhaps remove "tested working fine" from the title - put that in the description. Instead add to the title: LOCAL PICKUP ONLY (NY)

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks, wastingtime101. 

Currently, as for an item around 20 -40 lbs, what shipping options are good to use for us?

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Because of the weight and the size (size has a huge impact on ship costs), I honestly would not recommend shipping the A/C at all. It's listed for $40 and shipping will exceed that.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I realize this is ebay and traffic here is high but for items like you're selling @mythyanlee , I'd list them locally (CL, Marketplace, etc.) and meet people at a public location to pay cash and pick up the items in person.

I don't think ebay is right for what you're selling.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Thank you, alberta.

CL, is the craigslist?

Marketplace, is the Amz marketplace?

etc, what other websites are available now for these functions?

Thank you again.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Yes, thanks.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Hello Alberta,

Why "the eBay an traffic here is high"?

Usually what do you sell on our eBay platform? Thanks.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Not a good idea to list heavier items like A/Cs.  You will be the one on the hook for return shipping if/when a buyer opens an NAD case.

If you want to see what anyone sells on eBay, you can usually just check out  their listings.  

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Marketplace, is the Amz marketplace?

That would be Facebook Marketplace

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Thanks, soh.maryl

What is eBay "NAD" case? 

Why under the "NAD" cases, do I need to pay the returning shipping fees? Thanks 

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Thanks, redmodelt.

Do you know some other websites which are suitable for these heavy A/C units?

Sometimes I want to make some international shipping to buyers. Recently has our eBay international largely changed? The basic plan becomes $15 shipping with no tracking number. 

I remember it was to make shipping to an eBay domestic plant and then our eBay system will do the rest part.

Do you have new knowledge on these eBay international shipping policies?

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

not really saposta direct people to non eBay selling sites (C r a i g s L i s t)

RE international; No I don't:

Except cost to ship to freight forwarders would be same the domestic charge and any other international shipping would be at whatever the published rate was to that location if not shipping via the eBay international shipping program. 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Thanks, redmodelt.

But the eBay "published rate" is $15, why the buyer could only pay $5 shipping fees with allowed by the system?

Message 15 of 29
latest reply