cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ship a picture with glass? Other Ebayers do.

I see other Ebayers selling pictures on here.  How can I pack mine to be sure they get to the buyer with the glass intact?  Is keeping the glass stable with cardboard or bubble wrap the whole key to it?   Thank you.

tooterville/littlejimtoys
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you sure you want to?  Selling it pick up only might be a wise choice.  

Glass is heavy  and  double boxing increases the package size and triggers over size rates.  That said, lots of bubble wrap and double boxing with bubble wrap in between  is your best hope.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the picture is large and/or valuable, you might want to spend the money and have a professional like FedEx Office or UPS Store pack it; if they pack it and ship it (you can use a label bought on eBay, Pirate Ship etc.) they are 100% liable for the glass if it is broken. If you have never shipped something like this before, it is probably best to have a pro do it, especially if it is a one-off sale.

Items like large pictures in glass often trigger significant over length and over size fees, and can be packing supply vampires, requiring an expensive specialty box and/or consume tons and tons of costly bubble wrap. Having a pro pack it might not be much more expensive than having a pro pack it after the cost of supplies.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply