cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out the USPS options in a new city?

Where I live right now the post office front door is open 24 hours and I can drop off a small package by opening a small door and placing the package in there.  There are two other locations, a grocery and a pharmacy, that have mailing stations.  From 7 am until 9 pm I can drop off a package and get a tracking number and  get it weighed if needed.    The blue metal mail boxes can also accept a small package like a Priority Mail flat envelope but not as big as at the post office.   This is in Iowa.  Where I grew up in suburban Chicago I do not have these options, at least in my hometown.  In fact, I am not sure I would be able to stay so busy and sell so much on eBay without the postal options I have locally and also maintain a full time job.

Now, I have been looking all over for other jobs.  Is there any way to know ahead of time what USPS services are available before accepting a new job and moving there?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I find out the USPS options in a new city?

Yes @ozarkjoe . Go here: https://tools.usps.com/find-location.htm

Enter a location, choose the location type, select a search distance and submit. To the right of the blue search button there are more filters you can apply.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply