cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Even Get Combined Shipping to Work?

I followed the steps in the Offer Combined Shipping topic linked below. I set it to allow combined payments. And then I set a flat shipping rule to subtract %100 for each additional rule. However, when I open an incognito window and fill up a cart with multiple items from my shop, it doesn't apply a discount. 

Not sure what I'm missing or why this needs to be so complex. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/shipping-rates/offering-combined-shipping?id=4169

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You need to associate that rule with your listings. There should be a box  with 'flat rate shipping rule' at the bottom of the domestic section. You can choose your rule so that it works with that listing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Combined shipping refers to the process of grouping multiple items into a single shipment to reduce shipping costs for the buyer. Implementing combined shipping functionality can vary depending on the platform you're using for e-commerce or shipping management. Here's a general guide on how to get combined shipping to work:

1. Choose a Compatible E-Commerce Platform: Ensure that the platform you're using supports combined shipping functionality. Most modern e-commerce platforms offer this feature, but it's essential to confirm before proceeding.

2. Set Up Shipping Rules: Access the shipping settings or preferences within your e-commerce platform's dashboard. Look for options related to shipping rules or shipping methods.

3. Configure Combined Shipping Options:

• Determine the criteria for combined shipping, such as weight, quantity, or total order value. Decide how you want to combine items (e.g., based on the same shipping method, shipping zone, or product category).
    • Specify the conditions under which combined shipping will be applied. For example, you may offer combined shipping only for orders with multiple items from the same seller or within a specific weight range.
  4. Define Shipping Rates: Set the shipping rates for combined orders. You can offer flat-rate combined shipping, tiered pricing based on order size or weight, or percentage discounts on total shipping costs.

5. Communicate Combined Shipping Policy: Clearly communicate your combined shipping policy to customers. Provide information on how combined shipping works, any eligibility criteria, and potential savings.

6. Test the System: Place test orders to ensure that combined shipping is working correctly. Verify that shipping costs are calculated accurately based on the configured rules and rates.

7. Monitor and Adjust: Regularly review your combined shipping settings and policies to ensure they remain effective. Make adjustments as needed based on customer feedback, shipping carrier updates, or changes in your product catalog.

8. Provide Customer Support: Offer assistance to customers who have questions or issues related to combined shipping. Make it easy for them to reach out for help through your website, email, or customer service channels.

By following these steps and utilizing the features provided by your e-commerce platform, you can implement combined shipping functionality to improve the shopping experience for your customers and potentially increase sales by reducing shipping costs.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You need to associate that rule with your listings. There should be a box  with 'flat rate shipping rule' at the bottom of the domestic section. You can choose your rule so that it works with that listing.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply