cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I print a PACKING SLIP before getting paid?

I just noticed the wrong title on my last question- I'm trying to print a PACKING SLIP, so I can invoice the buyer. I have the address, but Ebay neither lets me click on print a shipping label (to get to the packing slip link), nor Order Details (since the order has not been paid).

I used to be able to print a slip PRIOR to getting paid. Is this feature no longer available?

Thanks

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Why do you need a packing slip to invoice the buyer??? You don't actually have the address until the buyer pays (unless the buyer messaged you). They will specify the actual shipping address during checkout.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

You don't need a packing slip; you need to send a combined invoice.

In your Sold section in My eBay , click on "Send invoice" for one of the items. The next screen will give you the option to add the buyer's other items to that invoice. Then you can send a single invoice for all of his purchases (up to 40 items).

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Yes, I have the address. I'm not asking you to critique my business, just if I can print a packing slip PRIOR to getting paid.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

NO- I'm asking about printing a PACKING SLIP - BEFORE getting paid. I've been selling since ebay started. and had businesses for over 30 years. Just a simple question.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Open the individual sales ticket. Scroll down and just under the product description will be a tab that says “print label or invoice”. Click that and you will get a list of choices including at least 2 that reference packing slips. Click that/those and you can then print from there.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

To be clear- I want to print a packing slip.  I know the buyer's ship-to address (I need that to invoice in any case). And I know the cost of the item, determined by the sale. AND my listing already has a s&h fee.

PLEASE don't overthink this. It's not a business methods or ethics issue, just asking if there is anyway to print a packing slip PRIOR to receiving payment.

I used to be able to do it, now the option seems to be gone.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

First- I have NO idea what you mean by "Individual Sales Ticket"  Can you explain? Thanks.

Second- EVERY time I click on ANYTHING that refers to invoicing, shipping labels, or packing lists, any link to labels and packing lists is UNAVAILABLE, because the item has not been paid for yet.

I used to click on Print a shipping label, and then print a packing slip. and I could print a packing slip based on the item, buyer's address, sales price and shipping cost.

No longer.

I suspect the system has been "dumbed down" for newbies who SHIP prior to getting paid. I'm just trying to PACK the item. I used to do this (mostly for known buyers) I have the weekend to pack, and I can ship as soon as paid, but only if I have a packing slip- I can always print one myself- was just looking for the easier way as it was.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

"individual sales ticket" - on your sold items page is a list of sales that you have made. Regardless of whether they have been paid or not, click on the dollar amount and it will open a page with the details of the sale. That is what I mean by individual sales ticket. Then just follow the rest of my instructiuons.

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

There really is no reason to pack and address the item before you've been paid that I can see. What if they don't pay after all?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

mcgurf wrote: ... I'm trying to print a PACKING SLIP, so I can invoice the buyer...

Why are you trying to print a packing slip?  You don't need a packing slip in order to invoice the buyer. One of the reasons that you're not getting the answers you want is that nobody else prints a packing slip before getting paid.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@mcgurf wrote:

To be clear- I want to print a packing slip.  I know the buyer's ship-to address (I need that to invoice in any case). And I know the cost of the item, determined by the sale. AND my listing already has a s&h fee.

PLEASE don't overthink this. It's not a business methods or ethics issue, just asking if there is anyway to print a packing slip PRIOR to receiving payment.

I used to be able to do it, now the option seems to be gone.

I'm curious about how you know the buyer's ship to address before they have paid?  Do your buyers email you first to tell you this?    I never risk sending an invoice that locks in a shipping cost before they pay, but I'm sure you know this.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Right.  I'm in WI. BUT what if when I pay I want it sent to my cousin in CA.?  You can't count on the buyers address as being the ship to address.  If it's a gift they may not want a packing slip included.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

I would call ebay and see what they have to say. What message do you get when trying to print a packing slip? 

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Hi richard1rst- Thank you. Among the other responders telling me what they think my proper business practices should be, you seem to be the only one trying to answer my question.

But when I go to my sold page I cannot click on the dollar amount. I can click on the item name, seller name (and feedback), and "add tracking number".

On all of these prliminary links, any following link that might lead to 'print packing slip' is blocked because the buyer has not paid. I can see order details (which I could print as a packing slip), but not the ebay packing slip. I now believe the option to print a packing slip PRIOR to being paid has been removed. I'm going to leave ths Q open in case someone else has a suggestion.

Again, thank you for your help.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply