cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Returns!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently bought something and when I received it, it didn't match the photos in the descriptions at all. I successfully started a return request and ebay gave me a shipping label to print out and is telling me to ship it. However, I read on the forums that the seller has to first reply to you within three days, and then I ship it for the refund. What do I do, do I ship it as it says on my ebay page or do I wait for some reply from the seller?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help with Returns!

You need to ship it back.  Ebay auto approved the return request.  You have 5 business days in which to get the package back in the mail.  If you don't, on day 6 your seller can get the Request closed for a lack of buyer response.

You will be just fine.  Just mail the item back.  Once the seller recieves the time, you will get a refund within a couple of days.

Sorry you had issue with your purchase.  I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help with Returns!

Ship it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Help with Returns!

You need to ship it back.  Ebay auto approved the return request.  You have 5 business days in which to get the package back in the mail.  If you don't, on day 6 your seller can get the Request closed for a lack of buyer response.

You will be just fine.  Just mail the item back.  Once the seller recieves the time, you will get a refund within a couple of days.

Sorry you had issue with your purchase.  I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Help with Returns!

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently bought something and when I received it, it didn't match the photos in the descriptions at all. I successfully started a return request and ebay gave me a shipping label to print out and is telling me to ship it. However, I read on the forums that the seller has to first reply to you within three days, and then I ship it for the refund. What do I do, do I ship it as it says on my ebay page or do I wait for some reply from the seller?

Thanks. 

@Anonymous

I just wanted to clarify.

When you open a return request, the seller has 3 days to respond to the  request

The seller has responded by accepting the return ... No other response is necessary 🙂

Print your label and ship the item back to the seller

You will get your refund once the item shows "delivered".

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Help with Returns!

That has been changed to a 2 day response time for sellers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply