cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy Equipment Shipping

Why does ebay keep recommending parcel shipping on a heavy equipment item? 

Can someone walk me through how to post an item LWH = 300"x102"x100" 12,320 lbs? 

This is so frustrating. As of now, my posting is saying that it's $93 to ship anywhere in the USA.. My piece is in Maryland.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Heavy Equipment Shipping

Click the "edit" pencil in the shipping section and remove any and all shipping methods by turning the shipping toggle OFF, then turn ON local pickup only.  All shipping methods must be removed if you want to list local pickup only.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Heavy Equipment Shipping

Hi @heat2019 

End your auction IMMEDIATELY ... before anyone bids on it and costs you a fortune just to end it!

OF COURSE you can't ship it for $93 ... and you shouldn't even think of shipping it at all.   A heavy piece of equipment like that should be listed 'For Local Pickup Only'.   If it gets damaged in transit ... you would have to pay for it to be returned to you.

For someone new to eBay ... you should be listing inexpensive items for sale until you have a clue about what you're doing.  I'm afraid that you will only LOSE money if you just 'wing it'.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

It's not even allowing me to offer Local Pickup Only.

How are other sellers able to add their listings as "FREIGHT"? 

heat2019_0-1670617730700.png

img ^

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

See example - How would I be able to do this (Freight) on my listing?

signal-2022-12-09-142631_002.png

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

This is what I'm selecting...

signal-2022-12-09-143256_002.png

and this is my error message when I type in Local Pickup.

signal-2022-12-09-143256_003.png

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

As noted in the other post, you need to end your listing NOW so you can figure this out.  It's showing $33 shipping to me!

My listing form looks very different from yours. Are you using a phone or other device to set up that listing? I wonder whether the form is a bit different when you list on a real computer; I see this:

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 3.51.57 PM.png

EDIT: Sorry I can't get the image to post; the first option is see are to choose between regular shipping, local pickup or freight.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

I'm using a desktop, but I just tried from my phone and it's continuing to auto change to USPS phone img 1phone img 1phone img 2phone img 2

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

Click the "edit" pencil in the shipping section and remove any and all shipping methods by turning the shipping toggle OFF, then turn ON local pickup only.  All shipping methods must be removed if you want to list local pickup only.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

Try revising the weight to something over 150 pounds.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Heavy Equipment Shipping

That needs to be listed as local pickup only, as others have said.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply