cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headlight issue

I bought headlights off eBay brand new had them fitted but the fittings aren’t correct. So basically had to cable tie the indicators onto the headlights (screw holes didn’t match) and there’s a screw that suppose to go into the body of the car which is way too big so it’s not really secure.

I’ve driven the car twice (less the 7 days since being fitted) and the lens has been damaged badly by a stone, they are glass lenses but what I’m not sure about is the glass type they’ve used as my original headlights are 27 years old with no damage at all on the lenses. 
Is there anything I can do? I paid quite a lot for these and never expected a stone to smash the lens like it has but also the fittings aren’t what they should be comparing to the old headlights. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Headlight issue

Open a return for not as described or defective.

This is how it works…

You go to your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will either say RETURN THIS ITEM or MORE ACTIONS. 

Next click doesn’t match pictures or description or defective.

You may be required to upload a picture, after that you can click submit, complete return. 
Your seller has 2 days to issue a return label or refund, if by day 3 you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 
Good luck 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Headlight issue

You chose to still use the item after finding out about the fitment issue.

You could have returned the item undamaged.

The stone hitting it was your responsibility. You can't return an item the you damaged.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply