cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program

Does anybody know for certain what the situation is with the GSP regarding China as a destination?

Here’s what I’m facing this morning:

• Item ( 263529044308) is listed with GSP as the shipping option
  • The listing form does not flag and restricted countries when you make the choice for the GSP
  • Up to this time or writing this, China is part of the program
  • Clicking “sell similar” shows that GSP was selected and accepted
  • eBay C/S haven’t got a clue, and they go to auto waffle when they don’t know what to say
  • the guy in China is waiting for his invoice
  • eBay has made no announcement excluding China
  • do we have to manually highlight exclusions from listing to listing now?
  • C/S sent a help link; China is clearly on the list.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Global Shipping Program

China might be on the overall GSP list, but that does not mean every item can be sent to China using the GSP, there could be limitations due to size, weight, whether that item is on a banned list or not.

The item number you provided does not work for me, so I assume the item is sold to a buyer in China.  What is the shipping address?  Is it the GSP center in Erlanger, KY?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

It's highly risky sending anything to China.  They will receive the item & more than likely dispute. 

eBay will want you to pay the return shipping.  The cost of return shipping will outweigh purchase price & you'll end up giving your item away.  It's the biggest scheme on eBay these days.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

What item did you sell? An antique? The GSP has restricted antiques in several countries recently.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

As mentioned by another poster, the gsp does not ship all items to all locations.  You should have a block set up so that buyers can’t make the purchase if there is no shipping cost listed. You can do that in site preferences - buyers requirements -‘block buyers with a primary shipping address in a country that I dont ship to.’

Message 5 of 5
latest reply