cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program - FYI

I just sold an item that had the GSP as the only international shipping option. The buyer is from China and has just requested an invoice from me. When I looked into it, the invoice was to China - not through the GSP as it should be. I contacted Ebay to inquire and learned that the buyer has the option to decline using the GSP from their end and then the seller is forced to ship it directly to them or cancel the sale because of address issues.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How did you handle it?  The item I sold is heavy and sold for over $200 so I really only wanted to ship it through the GSP. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Global Shipping Program - FYI

Update: I contacted the buyer and told them the only shipping option was through the GSP. He said he had no problem using the GSP and was willing to do that.  I contacted Ebay again to find out how he can now pay for the item through the GSP. After explaining to them at least three times and speaking to a supervisor - they said there is no way to opt back in. Also - the real kicker and something I wasn't aware of is - the buyer didn't actually opt out of the program - he just requested an invoice from me and that opted him out of the program. Apparently, according to Ebay, if the buyer requests an item total that opts them out, and there is no way back in.  Ebay said that there have been no complaints about this issue that they are aware of and that buyers and sellers often come to a mutual agreement to opt out for that order and that is the way to do it. They said I could cancel the order and relist it for the buyer to ship through the GSP.   It's like the hidden menu at In-N-Out Burger...!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply