cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Option question

Searched forums to no avail....This has happened on occasion more than once .....

Item listing with free domestic shipping. Shipping method is Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box.

Canadian customer bought item through Global Shipping. Shipping to the global center in flat rate box is 12.42.

However, I could ship in Priority Regional Rate Box B for 8.27 (which I would do if it was a domestic shipping)

My question is can I "change" the Priority Shipping method to send it to the Global Center or are they (global)  estimating their shipping costs based on my Medium Flat Rate Box as shown on my shipping page?

(i hope i made sense)

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@gatefold wrote:

My question is can I "change" the Priority Shipping method to send it to the Global Center or are they (global)  estimating their shipping costs based on my Medium Flat Rate Box as shown on my shipping page?

Yes, you can change it from flat rate to any other form of Priority Mail without any problem.

The Global Shipping Program simply adds shipping costs on top of whatever rate you charge.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for replying....

I asked because I switched "my location" on the listing to Canada to see what the buyer would have seen. The shipping cost to the buyer (global shipping) for 12 lbs showed 16.57? If I sent it directly the cheapest would have been 36.00. I always heard global was MUCH higher......

Additional Question....do you know if they "repackage" the item (or put my shipping box into another box?)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@gatefold wrote:

I always heard global was MUCH higher......

It depends on the country and the "risk" of shipping to that country.  Canada, Europe and Australia are typically competitive through the Global Shipping Program.

Additional Question....do you know if they "repackage" the item (or put my shipping box into another box?)

It is my understanding that every package is opened and inspected by the Global Shipping Program to ensure that it basically matches what you advertised.  They are responsible for breakage, so they will ensure that the item is packed securely for the international portion of the journey ... I don't know if they use the same box or a different one.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your assistance.....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply