cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glendale Heights, IL, anyone?

I have a package that's been sitting there for close to 3 weeks without moving. I checked on Google and there is a very long list of complaints against this postal outlet. They rarely answer their phone and when they do, they are rude and dismissive and offer no help at all. Why ebay is still using their services is beyond me! Choosing them to process international shipments was clearly not a very well thought out plan. The time will come when the sheer volume of complaints will be too high to ignore.

I asked the seller for a refund and he completely ignored my request. He keeps giving me the runaround with silly excuses. He is either deliberately stalling or he is a complete idiot! You should read his replies to me! Unbelievable!

Ebay will step in and help by Oct. 31st. I'm assuming this why this seller is stalling. Any decent seller who cares about his customers' satisfaction would have given a refund immediately or, at the very least, try to resolve the situation amicably. This seller has done absolutely nothing to resolve the situation. Truly, he is quite a piece of work!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I"m sorry that this is happening.  More than likely your seller sent the package through an ebay shipping program and it is sitting at their center waiting  to be processed which in some cases,  is very slow. eBay encourages sellers to use the program by saying that they will handle any problems once the package is delivered to their processing center so at this point it is ebay's responsiblity to refund you.

At this point there is really nothing that the seller can do other than explain what is going on and why they are waiting.  The processing center will not answer  questions from sellers and if the sellers refunds you now rather then wait for ebay to do so, the seller will not receive the funds back from ebay and will not receive their item back. You will be refunded but you will have to follow ebay's timeline.   Hopefully ebay will eventually streamline the international shipping program so that the processing time in the US is quicker.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

complaints against this postal outlet.

It's not a postal outlet (USPS). It's the plant of the eBay International Shipping program.

I believe it is run by PitneyBowes, but am not sure.

asked the seller for a refund

There are two reasons for a Claim, basically, Not As Described and Not Received

Since you have Not Received the purchase, you don't know if it is As Described.

And the eIS is specifically designed as a Seller Protection, one part of which is that once eIS has received the shipment, the seller is no longer responsible for delivery.

So at this point you have no basis for a Claim or a refund.

Ebay will step in and help by Oct. 31st.

Is Oct 31 the last estimated date for delivery? That's five days from now.

You would have been given the estimated delivery period on the Shipping page of the listing, and the window for delivery before you paid, and again when you paid.

EIS does not appear to have a  smooth way of updating tracking on forwarded shipments. It is one of the problems with the program that took over from the Global Shipping Program.

It is possible that your  purchase is moving, but that the tracking has not been updated on eBay.

devon@ebay 

We had a way to track GSP parcels after processing.

Is there a method outside of the eBay notices, which seem to have weak connections?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It 's not the seller's fault. So I don't think it's fair to knock him. And stop bothering him with emails. There's nothing he can do until the "estimated date of arrival" by eBay on the item sold.

And if item doesn't arrive on time eBay does step in to refund you and not the seller which is why he can't do a refund. Seller hands are tied. Its not a seller's fault.

And this has nothing to do with the USPS post offices of the USA.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@vintagefilmbuff66 wrote:

I asked the seller for a refund and he completely ignored my request.

As well they should since the seller is not responsible for your refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply