cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSP general questions.

Concerning what actually happens at the GSP center, do they automatically open packages to verify the contents? Do they repack items or just place a new label over the original one issued by the seller? Also, if I list an item and say in the listing it weighs 1 pound but it actually weighs 5 pounds do they up the shipping costs to the buyer and just deduct that money from the buyer's account. I am assuming the buyer is given a shipping price for the international leg of the shipping process before he makes his purchase.  I have used the GSP successfully so far but just wonder how it really works.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

GSP general questions.

GSP does repackage your item,if you said one lb and it turns out tobe 5 lbs,it could refund money to your buyer and sell your item to a local dealer who also sells on Ebay.

you would keep the payment,buyer would have his money back.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

GSP general questions.

GSP can refuse to ship if postage was inadequately accounted for.  

GSP can open and inspect your item to verify contents, check for damage, export eligibility, etc.

They have been known to repackage... which has caused issues/damage due to insufficient and/or inappropriate packaging, loss of product.

e.g.-

-Collector action figure toy in bubble pack on stock card backing - now damaged because of improper repacking thus loss of collectible value

-High end designer shoes removed from mfg box and shipped without proper packaging - loss of value (box) and damage to shoes

There's a recent post from a buyer who was the recipient of one such item - claiming insufficient packaging to which the seller replied they didn't send it that way.

I have always cringed when I send porcelain or crystal through the GSP - but I have never experienced damage.  I do think they have the ability to x-ray items too.  (It would take some time undoing my 4-5 layer bubble pod floating in a sea of packing peanuts only to repackage it the same way)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

GSP general questions.

@tofu107wrote:

GSP does repackage your item,if you said one lb and it turns out tobe 5 lbs,it could refund money to your buyer and sell your item to a local dealer who also sells on Ebay.

you would keep the payment,buyer would have his money back.

The GSP has its own selling ID and sells some confiscated items. They don’t confiscate items when the seller says 1lb and it’s really 5lbs.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 4
latest reply