cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Ex & UPS shipping rates are ALWAYS more than quoted price

This is just a warning to newer sellers. When you purchase a shipping label through Ebay using Fed Ex or UPS, the quoted rates on the Ebay calculator are almost ALWAYS wrong. The Ebay calculator shows shipping rates that are much cheaper than they actually are. Many sellers miss this as the amounts for the shipping are not deducted from your balance until days or weeks later. Typically, the actual cost that is charged is 50% or more higher than the quoted rate. Do not be fooled by the messages that say "if you enter exact dimensions and weight, the price will be correct" because that simply is not true. The only quoted prices that are reliable are the USPS prices (assuming you enter correct information). This has been a ongoing problem with apparently no intention to correct in the future.  We consistently get fooled by the quoted lower price and are consistently charged far more than we thought we were going to be charged. (Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice. shame on me, fool me a third time........etc..etc).

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You are saying this has happend more than once? I just noticed one today that was more than double my quote from ebay.  I will have to check for more.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It has happened to me twice, both where multiple items purchased. They charged the customer less than half than the actual shipping cost to me. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply