cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Ex Tracking (Dates and Time) on eBay Link Possible TECH Error?

Hello eBay Community,

Fed Ex shipments sent in the last 6 days are posting unusual dates and/or time on the eBay tracking link.

An example would be package delivered today, April 10 at 6:23 p.m. in Kent, Washington State. Kent is 40 miles away from my location and we are in the same time zone. It is currently April 10, 12:57 p.m.

The dates get a little weird. Package arrival to specific location posted April 2 and its actually April 1 with no departure from different current location. 

I have never seen "future" tracking dates and times from any shipping company in the 10 plus years selling thousands of items on eBay.

Any information regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Christina

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unusual scans by all the carriers is quite common from time to time. Did you compare the ebay tracking scans vs the scans from the FedEx site? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's currently 8:30pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). Was the package delivered 2 hours ago?

Many carriers will include GMT timestamps on their scans.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, Delivered 6:23 p.m.

However, in the 10 plus years shipping ecommerce via Fed Ex, this is not usual.

And not consistent when 2 or more items are shipped/ dropped same day, same location to the Fed Ex Origin Facility. Where these scans are taking place.

Yes, you are correct about GMT being used as timestamps for some carriers. I do not believe this is in my case but will look into it..

Thank you wastingtime101

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Unusual scans by all the carriers is quite common from time to time. Did you compare the ebay tracking scans vs the scans from the FedEx site? 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply