cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED EX OVER CHARGING - WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ANYON OVERCHARGED!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN QUOTED ONE PRICE AND CHARGED ANOTHER!

OUR COMPANY SHIPS MILLIONS OF POUNDS OF WIPING RAGS A YEAR! 

WE USE THREE DIFFERENT SIZE BOXES ALL CONTAING EITHER 10, 25, OR 50 POUNDS! 12X12, 14X14, AND 20X20 BOXES. WHY THIS MATTERS IS BECAUSE ALL OF OUR BOXES ARE THE SAME SIZE AND SAME POUNDAGE.

All of our rags are sold by the pound, so our scales are regulated and checked by certified inspectors. 

We have listed a few of our boxes of rags on ebay, and started noticing huge differences in what Fed-Ex was quoting verse what they were charging. Upon doing some googling I've noticed a huge number of people with similar situations. I called ebay and representatives started looking and agreeing. I showed them by going under an already purchased order and acting like I was going to create another label for the order. It showed $41.88 but they charged $78.33. We started looking at every Fed-Ex order and every order they charged me more than quoted. Class Action is what I'm thinking and would love to hear from folks. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Have heard the same about FedEx 

Does not matter that the eBay employees agree.

I never have any issues like that with UPS.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay labels using FedEx have always been notoriously inaccurate.  The quotes do not take dim weight (dimensional weight) into consideration.  It is then charged to you after the fact.

For instance, I took one of your listings, 100 rags at a weight of 7 pounds.  Your listing stated the box size is 16x16x16.  I plugged those dimensions into the FedEx online dim weight calculator, and because of the size, it would actually be charged at the dimensional weight of 30 pounds.  (as I said, I am just going by their online dim weight calculator).  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it when purchasing the labels via eBay, and this issue has been a topic of conversation here for many years.  

Perhaps check into UPS for your rag shipments?  I don't know, worth a shot.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have been overcharged twice this last year.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Fedex is notorious for bait and switch on their pricing. They show a lower price so you choose them over the other carrier options then jack up the price afterwards. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I put in the exact measurements and weight of my package. Ebay quoted $18.28 for Fed Ex Home Delivery. It was going to a residence so this seemed the most economical option.  I took the package to the fed ex counter and they didn't mention any discrepancy in the size or weight. The package arrived and my account was charged $52.88. I called ebay and they said they would put in for a one time dispute but that was two weeks ago and still haven't received anything back from them. All I know is I will never use Fed Ex again, $35 lesson I guess.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

There has always been various problems with ebay FedEx since day one.  And in recent years rising problems with FedEx itself, even using your own account, with incorrect scans for both weight and dimensions, and negligent delivery issues.

After being a loyal FedEx customer for many years, the problems got to the point that when my personal rep retired that correct the errors for me, I gave FedEx the boot.

Except for USPS, best to keep ebay out of the middle of FedEx and UPS shipping.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Count me in. $198 overcharged for 2 of 4 identical items. The other two were 23 and then 36. I will be disputing thru my bank and my has been contacted and will be looking into the same class action lawsuit against fed ex. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply