cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay standard envelope - scanned as delivered but buyer has "looked everywhere". How to advise?

This is my first problem with these but I know they're a little different as far as how they're processed. Normally I would advise the buyer to check with the local PO about the scans and GPS etc. but I'm just wondering if anyone has some insight? The buyer isn't having a meltdown, but they asked - and normally I would know how to reply. But these envelopes can go weird...

Just ask them to check with their carrier / PO?

Thanks!Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 16-18-09 Manage all orders — eBay Seller Hub.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay standard envelope - scanned as delivered but buyer has "looked everywhere". How to advise?

I have had countless mail end up at the wrong address. I also receive others mail at least once a month. Since it says delivered, you don't have to do anything.  Calling their post office and asking if they can look into it might help. Just don't expect too much.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'd advise the buyer to check with their carrier, other members of household, neighbors, and even to check again with tomorrow's mail. Give them a physical description of envelope (color/size) so they have something to go on if they ask neighbors. There's a delivery scan so you're covered if an INR is filed.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If the buyer claims non-receipt but hasn't opened  claim, tell them to do so, claiming that they didn't receive. And if they've opened an INR claim, respond to it. 

That will keep the buyer from negging you if you don't give a refund based on their message of non-receipt.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm thinking it may have been all scanned in the morning but didn't make it off the truck yet. I might tell the buyer it may show up tomorrow. I've had that happen before but with packages. I'm not sure where the last scan on the envelopes it, but I don't think it the actual carrier.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It will probably be delivered in the next day or two. Those ESE delivery scans are usually just estimates based on the sorting center scans.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It arrived today. I think the seller got the "item delivered" email from ebay and panicked. Those are automatic and not confirmed or anything, just spam.

I got a neg once when the buyer flipped out and immediately negged me and sent two frantic "where is it!" messages. He hadn't checked his mailbox yet.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This thread should give you a little more insight @annadryl. ESE often get a 'delivered' scan when the envelope goes through the last sort facility, so the local PO may not deliver until a day or two later.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply