cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping opt out link was just a survey & not an opt out

On 4/17/2021 Ebay sent me an email advising me Ebay is making automatic changes to my shipping on May 13, 2024. The email said I could opt out but Ebay's link to opt out was just a survey and apparently did not let me opt out.   Is this happening to anyone else???

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am not sure if that is a survey based on the last location (URL) of the response

https://../.../shipping.discount.optout

also, on that date you can switch back

------------------------------

If you want to opt out of this change, just let us know here  by May 13 and we won’t make any changes to your current shipping rates. You can also switch back to showing standard rates at any time after May 15 through your shipping discount settings.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The top of the opt out page says:

"Hi [redacted], thanks for taking the time to complete this survey.
If you're not [redacted], Sign In"

Edit: then it wants your first & last name (optional), your email address, and a reason why you're opting out from a drop down list.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The survey is the opt out @palominoproductions  . It specifically says:

Starting May 15, 2024, your listings with calculated shipping will default to show eBay discounted shipping rates. By filling out this form by May 13, 2024, you are confirming that you would like to be excluded from this change.

I'll post a screenshot later if I have time, unless someone else beats me to it. I'm doing several things at once right now and still haven't had breakfast.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply