cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESE Category List Expansion Needed

Does anybody know or have an opinion as to why the "Category List" of acceptable items which can be sold using ESE is not opened up to include other catagories besides the following?

Patches, Stickers & Decals, Greeting Cards, Seeds, Trading Cards, Coins & Currency, Postcards, Stamps

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ESE is considered "metered mail"...Meter Mail.jpeg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rock*bottomsales wrote:

Does anybody know or have an opinion as to why the "Category List" of acceptable items which can be sold using ESE is not opened up to include other catagories besides the following?

Patches, Stickers & Decals, Greeting Cards, Seeds, Trading Cards, Coins & Currency, Postcards, Stamps

I don't really like guessing games. What other categories did you have in mind?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I was glad when greeting cards was added, and I was surprised to see that seeds had been added even more recently. So, they do review and update the list periodically.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What's wrong with all of them?  Open 'em up.  Don't be stingy by letting only a few items use the alternative shipping method.  Is it too much at one time, or what?  Is there contract insurance problems with adding more categories?  Here's just a few categories for example:

BackgroundEraser_20240316_202046754.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I would like to see them just offer to all categories.  Why should it matter as long as the program standards (Demensions) for mailing items are kept?  Here's a few I would like added.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

They probably eventually will open it up to all.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@rock*bottomsales wrote:

What's wrong with all of them?  Open 'em up.  Don't be stingy by letting only a few items use the alternative shipping method.  Is it too much at one time, or what?  Is there contract insurance problems with adding more categories?  Here's just a few categories for example:

Well, the guitar picks might work depending on their thickness. But the valve stems and survival gear are clearly too thick.

Then it becomes, if you include the music category (to catch the guitar picks) it would by default include EVERYTHING in the music category which would include albums, cds and dvds all of which are too big for the envelope size.

That’s why.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply