cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay International shipping item not received case

Hopefully I can get some clarity here. I may be missing something but not sure. I sold an item to a buyer in Spain. Since I used EBay international shipping, it provides a domestic label to a US hub. It gets to Spain customs and sits for a while. I don’t blame the buyer for getting impatient at this point although I do tell them that they should contact EBay since I shouldn’t be responsible. The buyer opens a case a few days later and it is awarded in their favor and a refund is given to them. I contact EBay several times telling them that I did my part by shipping to the domestic hub but they uphold the decision. Look at the policy for this process and see if I am wrong. To make things even more confusing, now the package is delivered only a few days after the upheld decision. Is there anything that I can do?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A quick check shows that the only item that used ebay International Shipping as the carrier was:

Bosch GRL 300 HVG Self Leveling Rotary Laser With Accessories And Hard Case

The other past sales only offered USPS International Service (not eBay)

If it was that item, then eBay should have your back (according to the eIS Terms)....

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That was what I chose when creating the listing as the other didn’t show up. When the buyer paid and I went to print a label the EBay international option showed up so I used it. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You can only print an EIS label if  Ebay International Shipping was specified in the listing.  If you specified usps than  the only ebay option that you could have used to print the label was ebay international standard delivery  which is a different service and which doesn't offer the same seller protections as EIS does.   There is insurance of up to $100 with that service but since the package was delivered, I'm not sure if they would honor it. 

I can't find the information about that service or the insurance but perhaps someone else has a link. It's being phased out so perhaps it has been phased out of the help pages too. Or, I just can't see it.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It let me choose EIS once the buyer paid. I still have the labels in my email. I double checked just to make sure. It even says it in my order details where the tracking info is. It shows that I used EIS

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There’s no question that I used EIS. I’m trying to find out if I should be responsible for the item not getting to its international destination. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@gooddayprod wrote:

It let me choose EIS once the buyer paid. I still have the labels in my email. I double checked just to make sure. It even says it in my order details where the tracking info is. It shows that I used EIS

EIS being eBay International Standard or eBay International Shipping?

Where was the shipping hub located, by the way?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If it let you "choose" then it was likely not eBay International Shipping (eIS)

When eIS, there is but one option. Ship to the hub at Glendale Heights, or the newest one in California.

Sounds more like, as others suggested, that it was an eBay International Standard Delivery (EISD) label that you "chose".

eIS..............eBay takes the heat once it clears the hub.

EISD ...........  the seller takes the heat all the way.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Okay. Thanks for clarifying EIS and EISD. I’m trying to see now what shipping service it is. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If the tracking starts with ESUS, it is eBay international standard, not Ebay international shipping,  it’s too bad they couldn’t come up names that were easily differentiated. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

So I guess I was wrong. The tracking number does start with ESUS so I guess it is EISD. The thing I’m not sure about is that it gives me a label with a normal 22 digit USPS tracking number and is being sent to a US hub in Smithtown NY. It is only the one label without an invoice or customs form or other paperwork that would normally go with an international shipment. I’m guessing that wherever I ship to domestically then takes care of that paperwork. Isn’t that about the same as how EIS shipments go?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply