cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceptive shipping practice encountered for the first time.

This is the first time I have experienced this practice.  I ordered an item from a "power seller" or large seller here on eBay and the item was marked as shipped.  I saw the item was out for delivery today and I never got a package delivered to my residence.  I was notified later that the item was delivered in/at mailbox.  The item I ordered could not fit in the mailbox and nothing would be left outside my mailbox by my mail lady because my drive way is too long.  I went to investigate and found a small bag labeled with the USPS tracking number on it.  Inside was the seller's information on a large coupon/card and a small note inside advising me :

Hello! We had and issue in our warehouse and it has caused a delay in shipping.  Your item will arrive in a few days and a new tracking will be assigned under order details.  Thank you for your understanding. 

They purposefully sent the little note under a tracking number to avoid appearing late on the shipment in order to deceive eBay.  They could have cancelled the item and I could have gone elsewhere if they were out of stock but they chose to play games.  These companies should not be allowed to mark an item as shipped and not ship the actual item.  They are getting a negative review for their dishonesty which could have been avoided if they were up front with me in the first place.  I have to wait 7 days to enter a negative review because of their power seller status.  I already sent a message but it was not returned.  From other reviews I have read, they rarely respond.  Is this a common practice among larger sellers now?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If the seller prints labels through eBay or PayPal, the order will be marked as "late" when he prints another label, which results in a hit to their seller performance metrics.

The seller is trying to avoid an "out of stock" defect, which causes a bigger hit to seller metrics.

I would phone eBay and rat out the seller and ask for a refund, especially if the tracking number is attached to that item number on your purchased items page.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

If the seller prints labels through eBay or PayPal, the order will be marked as "late" when he prints another label, which results in a hit to their seller performance metrics.

The seller is trying to avoid an "out of stock" defect, which causes a bigger hit to seller metrics.

I would phone eBay and rat out the seller and ask for a refund, especially if the tracking number is attached to that item number on your purchased items page.

Be sure and use the reason for return as NAD. If You try and report it as INR Item not received the Seller will just show them the Tracking number that was delivered to Your House and he will win as Something was received.  I would also call eBay as suggested Above.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

file a INAD 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You don't need to call to file an SNAD. Just go to the resolution center and open the case. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I'm now getting a package listed: 2 of 2 and of course it is coming on the slowest service, smart post. It's amazing how fast that **bleep** note (to appear quick on delivery) made it to me but this one will take forever. I'm going to wait and see what comes in the mail but I plan on making eBay aware of the seller trying to play the system to keep their rating. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

They are getting a negative review for their dishonesty which could have been avoided if they were up front with me in the first place.  I have to wait 7 days to enter a negative review because of their power seller status.

Be careful of your communication with the seller in the meantime.  Sleazy sellers know what buttons to push to get the buyer to make a mistake that qualifies for feedback removal.  For example, had you filed Item Not Received, seller would win the claim and feedback would be removed.  If you discuss or in any way allude to feedback, that can be used against you.  If you discuss a partial refund (even if the seller offers it), that can be used against you.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@n3lgr4nde wrote:

...Inside was the seller's information on a large coupon/card and a small note inside advising me :

Hello! We had and issue in our warehouse and it has caused a delay in shipping.  Your item will arrive in a few days and a new tracking will be assigned under order details.  Thank you for your understanding. ...

Common scam. Do not wait, open a SNAD claim TODAY! Do NOT open a INR claim. Do NOT communicate with the seller anymore.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

@n3lgr4nde wrote:

...Inside was the seller's information on a large coupon/card and a small note inside advising me :

Hello! We had and issue in our warehouse and it has caused a delay in shipping.  Your item will arrive in a few days and a new tracking will be assigned under order details.  Thank you for your understanding. ...

Common scam. Do not wait, open a SNAD claim TODAY! Do NOT open a INR claim. Do NOT communicate with the seller anymore.

I wouldnt panic yet. They have time to open a case. OP Says another package is on the way. I would wait and see what shows up. If it not here in a week, then open the case as a SNAD.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

@n3lgr4nde wrote:

I wouldnt panic yet. They have time to open a case. OP Says another package is on the way. I would wait and see what shows up. If it not here in a week, then open the case as a SNAD.

I never wait with people that try and beat (or abuse) the system. There is nothing to lose by opening a SNAD right now and all to gain. At the minimum, the seller would be less motivated to try this with another buyer by opening one now.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

I wouldnt panic yet. They have time to open a case. 

When you encounter a seller like this, you should start a request right away.

This is because you want the option to ask eBay to step in to already be available to you, when and if necessary.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

@n3lgr4nde wrote:

I never wait with people that try and beat (or abuse) the system. There is nothing to lose by opening a SNAD right now and all to gain. At the minimum, the seller would be less motivated to try this with another buyer by opening one now

retracted 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 12
latest reply