cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Death is not an acceptable reason

Death is not an acceptable reason for a package being shipped two days late

I requested to not receive a late defect. I wrote:

what's wrong with you people?
I asked to remove some late shipping because my mother DIED.
I was needed to be with my family and required to be away from my home.
If you would have checked the client's messages I had with him he understood and had no problem
How cold hearten can a business be. Then you send me some form reply about the importance of shipping on time.
I have been selling on eBay for 23 years with 100% positive feedback. You treat us as children it's sickening, belittling, and shows
no class whatsoever. The reason I checked was illness and it was outside of my control..
I will give you a second to reconsider you decision before I expose eBay's of lack conscience and poor judgement.
What eBay no longer understands is the policy you are attempting to preserve is making sure the buyer doesn't get angry and leave. Like Peter said given the opportunity the members will do the right thing. exactly what I did. Had you taken the 2 minutes to look you'd seen that.
Reader of this please kick this up a couple notches to a real person. You will see the transactions effected.
Steve

BTW I tried to appeal again and got a turn down in 5 minutes. what research could be done in 5 minutes?

I have lost all respect

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

OMG.. I am really so sorry... I hope someone from Ebay reads this. I've experienced the death of loved one (from an early age),  and it's a heart wrenching time.

Unfortunately, Ebay nowadays is run by computers, bots, software, etc... customer service is handled by people who are outsourced in a third world country and don't seem to care, or have training.

I hope this gets resolved

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

So sorry about the loss of a loved one. 

Hope this issue can get resolved in your favor. Knowing e-bay from reading all the other posters with similar complaints, they would probably say you should have used the time out function. But suffering a loss you just got to many other things on your mind.

Best of luck.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is the one late package affecting your seller level (bringing you down from Top Rated to Above Standard)? If you're within the 95% required for on time shipping and your seller level is not being affected, then let it go. There's a 5% tolerance built in to account for the occasional issue we may face.

Focus on what's more important right now, like being with your family.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Harsh but true.   There is no acceptable reasons for late shipping here.  It's come up before.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

i have yet to have an actual sell so take this for what its worth 🙂 i noticed there is an option to set yourself as away thus letting the buyer know there will be a delay in shipping.  May God be with your family in these hard times im sorry for your loss.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Have you reached out to ebay on Facebook?  They are real ebay employees, not bots or hired out customer service. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply