cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🚨DELAYED USPS PACKAGE ANNOUNCEMENT! SAINT LOUIS MO MERCURY LEAK AT LOCAL PLANT CAUSING MASS RE ROUT

This is a friendly PSA announcement to all buyers and sellers on the platform, to expect a possible delivery delay. I've just been informed by my local post office that SAINT LOUIS MO PLANT has experienced a mercury leak and has shut down completely, along with all the surrounding businesses. SAINT LOUIS MO HUB is no longer accepting incoming mail or packages, & is actively re routing everything.

All post has been safely re routed to their designated hub locations, and i was told that "her boss" had just left to pick up the packages from the hub over an hour away. Ive been told that all packages will not be scanned at the re routed location, until they reach your local post office. She specified that this may take days as they are being released in batches and its caused a mass backflow of mail.

My package was late by quite a few days and i got curious so i called my local post office. She looked up my tracking info and informed me of the event and said our postmaster had just left to go pick up their shipment from the designated hub to bring them down and manually sort. I was told to keep an eye on my tracking and some may be later than others, backed up by almost a week which is what im experiencing. I was told not to worry as the packages were not effected, but that sorting center was a main sorting center so it will effect almost everybody who might be getting packages through that rout.

So if your mail or packages are late, and customers are complaining, this is why!

X, -Sprinkles💖

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

🚨DELAYED USPS PACKAGE ANNOUNCEMENT! SAINT LOUIS MO MERCURY LEAK AT LOCAL PLANT CAUSING MASS RE ROUT

Thanks for posting the heads up. This has been going on since Oct 26t. Technically the distro center is in Hazelwood, MO. That was shut down along with 1 (or 2? don't remember) local POs that got contaminated packages from Hazelwood. Latest update says they're making some progress with air quality but as of 3 days ago they had no timeline to get through the mess.

https://www.kmov.com/2023/11/03/mail-still-mia-operations-slowed-after-mercury-spill-hazelwood-usps-...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for posting the heads up. This has been going on since Oct 26t. Technically the distro center is in Hazelwood, MO. That was shut down along with 1 (or 2? don't remember) local POs that got contaminated packages from Hazelwood. Latest update says they're making some progress with air quality but as of 3 days ago they had no timeline to get through the mess.

https://www.kmov.com/2023/11/03/mail-still-mia-operations-slowed-after-mercury-spill-hazelwood-usps-...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Oh my thanks for the heads up. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is a nightmare she didnt tell me how long it had been going on but it makes sense bc my orders have just stalled completely. Kind of nervous! Are they obviously checking to make sure there isnt any mercury on my package am i ok to touch it?😂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So im in Arcadia Valley, mo. for some reason they refer to hazelwood as apart of saint louis city here, she did tell me saint louis and my heart just dropped because its one of the biggest plants in the us that i know of. Everything goes through there! ive been told its created all of the stress.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, since the issue was ID'd and facility shut down, it's not likely they'd release anything from the distro center that's contaminated. Can you imagine the liability? If anything, they'd err on the side of caution and get rid of stuff that may not have been contaminated.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I am a hypochondriac this is not safe lol

Message 7 of 7
latest reply