cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer used a mail forwarding service and items arrived damaged

A customer purchased fragile product from me and had me send it to a mail forwarding service that then sent the package to a foreign country. The items arrived damaged and he wants a refund, the package was insured up to 100.00 and the item was sold for less than that but it was insured with USPS. Since the customer elected to use a forwarding service, who is responsible for the damages? There is no way to prove whether it was the fault of the forwarding service or USPS so what do I do now?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Customer used a mail forwarding service and items arrived damaged

if the buyer admitted it was forwarded they lose their protection under the money back guarantee. 
If they open a return request because the item was damaged you should probably contact customer service to explain that the item was forwarded by a freight forwarder so that it is not covered by the

MBG .

if they have just sent you a message and not opened a claim you could politely explain that they will have to put on a claim with the forwarder as you are only responsible until it reaches the address given at payment. 

The item was sent to another address after original delivery

Covered:

Not covered:

• The buyer used third-party freight forwarding or mail redirection

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 2
latest reply