cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a listing that will be split for shipping

We will be selling a 54 vol set of books. I received helpful replies to my previous question of how to split the item and print labels when I ship the boxes - but now I am flummoxed by how to create the listing. We always use Media Mail and want to add $50 shipping to the listing, but eBay limits the media mail amount to $25.00.  I also can't figure out a way to specify that the shipment would be in 3 boxes, each of which below the 70 pound media mail limit. I'm looking at other listings for the same item that list more than $25 for media mail. Can't figure out how to do it. Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Creating a listing that will be split for shipping

The Media Mail limits apply only to flat-rate shipping, not calculated.  So you just need to finagle the calculated shipping so that the total comes to $50.  For instance, set it up with a shipping weight of 50 pounds (postage would be $28.23) and add a handling fee of $22 to bring the total showing up to about $50.  Or charge $25 for postage and add the other $25 to your asking price.  Or just add $50 to your asking price and offer free shipping.

You don't need to set up the listing specifically for 3 boxes; eBay doesn't even have a way for you to do that.  You might want to mention it in the listing so the buyer will know what to expect.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply