cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact seller for return and refund.

I'm trying to return a wrong item sent to me. I follow the prompts of putting in a narrative, adding a picture, but, then it gives me no way to send the information to the seller. I'm just left at a dead end. Can anybody let me know what I'm missing. Thank you so very much

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hmmm, interesting.

The eBay Money Back Guarantee (MBG) does not require you to put in a narrative or add a picture or anything like that , so I'm a bit confused.

If the seller sent you something that is 'not as described' (NAD) then you could go to the Resolution Center {link at the bottom of this page} and file a "case" for NAD.  In that situation the seller has a few days to respond to you: either work something out, accept the return or just issue a refund.  IF the seller accepts a return, they will be required to issue you a return shipping label.  You will have several days to get the package accepted by the shipper and that means standing in line and getting the bar code scanned by an employee and leaving with a receipt.  Once the seller gets the item back, they have a few days to issue the refund.

No where in this process are you required to provide "proof" if you file a NAD case.

It often makes sense to understand the rules of the MBG because it is so protective of buyers.  Problem we see is that buyers don't read the MBG, don't understand the process and do something they "think" is right, mess up, and then lose the rich MBG protections.

So if nothing else, as you navigate the MBG process, feel free to come back here and ask questions!

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Go to the item in your Purchase History, find the 'More Actions' drop-down menu to the right of the item. Select 'Return this item', click the blue 'Show more' and use 'Doesn't match description or photos' as the reason for the Return. You don't have to add a narrative or a picture. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply