cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Shipments to Canada - HOW?

I had two orders to ship to a customer in Canada from USA.  Before the customer paid for the bids won, I tried to create an invoice to combine the two orders into one shipment.  eBay would not let me create an invoice for any international orders.  Even after the customer paid for the two orders I still could not combine them into one shipment.  According to eBay's announcement, there is a way:  "Combined shipping is not available on international orders".

What am I missing?  I could not see anything obvious that would allow me to combine the two orders for Canada.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The buyer would have been able to pay for them in one payment. But the buyer chose to pay separately.

Since the buyer has already paid for each item separately, you would have to send them separately. 

The reason for that is because each transaction has its own evtn number that is assigned to each transaction for the international leg of the shipping process.

Combined Shipping is now available with eBay International Shipping 

ETA: Multiple Transactions through eIS can be combined in to one payment at checkout, theres no need to send an invoice.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

These are auctions...careful...new invoices will give buyer another day to pay 4+1.

I suggest telling buyer to paid and just refund buyer the extra surcharge for shipping...which I do with some buyers.

Buyer could have purchased from a cellphone which has limitations which eBay knows about...combined shipping.

Buyers can request a shipping total on a computer...on a cellphone...we can't get an answer on that.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 

The buyer already paid, OP couldn't send an invoice.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

So seller can send a refund for combined shipping. I do it all the time.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Make sure tracking is on each of the two items for shipping even if it is the same tracking.

I get orders for 40+ items and you can bet I put that tracking number on all 40+ items to be safe.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

So seller can send a refund for combined shipping. I do it all the time.

@12345jamesstamps 

That's another way to do it, sure if the transaction were not eIS. 
With eIS each transaction is assigned an evtn number that number for international leg of shipping. 
So the buyer would have to agree to cancel both transactions then repurchase and pay in one payment. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you all for your input to this mystery of combining international orders.  Sounds like eBay hasn't yet arrived at a good solution to this.  Kinda half-baked I think.  Based on your feedback I've asked my customer a couple of questions.  Since we were both spent a lot of time communicating on how to do this I think she might just answer them.  Here is what I asked:

• When you were ready to pay, do you remember seeing an option to pay for both items in one payment? Apparently that is an option.
  • When you conducted your transactions did you use the cellphone application or the web application? Apparently the eBay cellphone application has it's limitations compared to the web application specific to combining shipments.

In the end, I did send a refund to the customer for one of the shipments.  I don't really care for this practice because in addition to sending a refund I also have to pay for both shipments.  🤔

I'll share the customer's responses if and when I get them.  Again, thanks for your input.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@jastambaugh wrote:

Thank you all for your input to this mystery of combining international orders.  Sounds like eBay hasn't yet arrived at a good solution to this.  Kinda half-baked I think.  Based on your feedback I've asked my customer a couple of questions.  Since we were both spent a lot of time communicating on how to do this I think she might just answer them.  Here is what I asked:

• When you were ready to pay, do you remember seeing an option to pay for both items in one payment? Apparently that is an option.
  • When you conducted your transactions did you use the cellphone application or the web application? Apparently the eBay cellphone application has it's limitations compared to the web application specific to combining shipments.

In the end, I did send a refund to the customer for one of the shipments.  I don't really care for this practice because in addition to sending a refund I also have to pay for both shipments.  🤔

I'll share the customer's responses if and when I get them.  Again, thanks for your input.

—————-    
They should have been able to pay for both items at once if they had  paid from their shopping cart. But because they were being shipped through EIS you would not have been able to adjust the shipping cost but would have been able to ship them together if paid together.   I’m curious, why did you refund one shipping cost if you need to send them out in separate shipments.  Combined shipping refunds are generally given when you physically combine the shipping. 

In this case it wouldn’t matter if they were on a cellphone or computer because it was an EIS situation and no invoice could be requested at all.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply