cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing USPS priority shipping box size after sale

Selling an item with free shipping, I did not catch that I had selected a USPS Small Priority box when I need a larger size. ITem is sold, and I cannot figure out how to change the box size to get the appropriate label. Can I put the smaller box rate label on a larger box and USPS will catch that and charge us the appropriate rate? 

Thanks you.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Do not use the wrong label. On the shipping label page purchase the correct label for the box you're using. Try clearing out package dimensions if the flat rate package you're looking for isn't showing @skippypro .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Your label needs to be the appropriate amount for the service.....

If you are asking how to get the "flat rate" service options on your label page, you need to choose carrier packaging on your print label page to see the options...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@skippypro 

Another option.

On the shipping label page click on Compare all services  to see more options

compare.jpg

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Okay, got it, I will not use the wrong label, but...once it is sold, the only option I see is to "Purchase Label" with no ability to change the shipping method.  I cannot find away around that, edit shipping method, etc.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

This may be my move,  cancel the Ebay prepaid shipping label and purchase one directly through USPS - then I see were I can Add an additional tracking number and Service provider.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@skippypro wrote: ... the only option I see is to "Purchase Label" with no ability to change the shipping method....

Are you looking at the "Purchase label" button that takes you to the page that's shown in the image provided by buyselljack? You can't change the original listing, you have to go to the label purchase page if you want to make any changes in service, weight, etc.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

good observation @nobody*s_perfect 

I did not think the OP was not already at the label page

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for all the helpful advice!

As far as I can tell, once the shipping method is selected and the item is sold, the shipping method cannot be changed ( I had selected free freight, and USPS Flat Rate with Small Box) .  When I go to shipping, the only prompt I get is to print the label with no options to modify or change.  The suggestions here while helpful, I did not see how to change the shipping method from point as I was at.

I have cancelled the Ebay provided shipping label and created one directly from USPS.

If there was a way to change shipping method from the point I was at,  please advise for future reference. 

Thank you.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Your conclusion is incorrect @skippypro . You can absolutely change the shipping method / box size on the page where you purchase shipping labels.

Are you on the app or the website?

If you're on the website, click this link at the top of the page to make sure your shipping options are expanded:

shippingoptions.png

If you're on the app, there's a pencil icon you click to edit the shipping method.

If none of that solves your problem, come back and post a screenshot of the page where you're purchasing the shipping label (make sure to black out buyer info).

There is no reason to pay more at USPS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply