cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled a order because buyer wanted it shipped to a different address, buyer was still able to pay

Hi community,

I recently had a auction end and the winning bidder wanted the item shipped to a different address than their PayPal verified shipping address. They originally wanted me to change the invoice with the updated address (completely different state and costs more to ship to) before they paid, this is the only message I recieved from them.

I told them I can't change the address on the invoice and I have to ship to the shipping address associated with their PayPal account for seller protection reasons. They never responded so I canceled the order a day later using the option "Something was wrong with the buyer's shipping address" and got the confirmation that it was canceled and I could relist the item.

Well another day goes by and they were able to pay for the order even though it was "canceled". Do I go ahead and ship it to the address they have on their PayPal? I've already asked them if its OK to ship the address on their PayPal account but they haven't responded and I'm getting hit with late shipment penalties. eBay customer support has not been of any help on this matter.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Canceled a order because buyer wanted it shipped to a different address, buyer was still able to pay

Ignore this post, as soon as I posted it I got a response from the buyer

Thanks anyway!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ignore this post, as soon as I posted it I got a response from the buyer

Thanks anyway!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I want to say that if they haven't paid yet it shouldn't have been a problem.  They add the address they want to use at checkout and that's the address that will show up in PayPal for you to ship to.  And if you are using calculated shipping it should charge the correct shipping cost when they do this 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As myangel indicated, this buyer did nothing wrong, and everything right.  They could have just changed the address and/or name as part of the payment process. Go ahead and ship the item; the clock starts ticking on your handling time when they payment clears, not at the time of the transaction.

You should review the user agreements for PayPal and ebay, as they seem to have changed since the last time you  read them.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply