cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hide my address when shipping?

Can I hide my address when shipping? I don’t want people to know where I live when I ship an item out. Some people already know where I live by now Everytime I ship an item out they contact me and I don’t want so many contacting me that I just want to be unown on eBay at times.  Or even when I put an item out they message me right away for the items for the ones that know where I live. And it’s creepy . 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Get a P.O. Box.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@rydomo0 wrote:

Can I hide my address when shipping? I don’t want people to know where I live when I ship an item out. Some people already know where I live by now Everytime I ship an item out they contact me and I don’t want so many contacting me that I just want to be unown on eBay at times.  Or even when I put an item out they message me right away for the items for the ones that know where I live. And it’s creepy . 

That seems odd. I sell a ton of stiff and I can only remember about 1/2 dozen times in almost 2 decades I was contacted. Mostly it was people who live nearby and wanted to pick it up. (Sorry, no). But EVERY TIME?

On the other hand you only have 3 items listed so "every time" doesn't seem so bad.

And it might be your own fault.

You have a pair of Doc Martens shoes listed as "NEW with defects". But in the description you say "barely worn". In which case they are not NEW. An automatic question there.

Then you have a pair of Gianni Bini shoes listed. In the headline it says 6m (I assume that is the shoe size?) But in the item specifics you list the size as 7.5. Another question.

And Best Offer also invites questions.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't understand the issue..............

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If Congress had their way everyone would be required to post their Address and Phone Number in their listing.

For now this is only going to be required of certain high volume sellers.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No you can’t hide your return address. If you feel uncomfortable using your home address get a PO Box from your local post office. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You may find it "creepy", but it's actual the law that your package have a return address.

Sometimes the courier has to return an undeliverable package/envelope back to the sender.

If you don't want your address to be seen, you can get a PO box.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@rydomo0 wrote:

Not sure I buy this one.  Messaging you right away has nothing to do with a return address on a package - that’s through the eBay messaging system.  Are you telling us that you are receiving actual postal mail from your buyers?

if you have a fear of someone knowing your address, yep, get a PO box.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply