cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Shipping

What does "Calculated Shipping Rule" Option mean when drafting a listing?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Calculated Shipping

@toddsplace wrote: ... Ebay is DISCOUNTING postage for Buyer using eBay Shipping Label rate.  I don't use eBay Shipping Labels , thus, it is costing me More at the Post Office ...

That is an option in your site preferences, eBay calls it "Offer discounts to buyers". Use the link provided in the post just before yours; here it is again:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

As you have noticed, you could save money by purchasing postage through eBay. Even if you don't have a printer, there's an option to produce a QR code which most Post Offices can use to generate the discounted label for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Calculated Shipping

On your Shipping Preference page you can set rules for how Calculated Shipping works, and then select the one to use when you create a listing

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Calculated Shipping

In setting up your shipping policies, you make choices regarding service, handling time, etc.

For calculated shipping, you enter the package weight and dimensions on the listing form, choose which service(s) you want to offer, and then the listing will automatically show (and charge) the exact postage cost from your ZIP Code to the ZIP Code of any member who looks at the listing.  

The cost of postage can vary significantly, based on distance; for instance the cost for an eBay postage label to ship a 5-pound package via Ground Advantage would range from $7.57 to $13.42 depending on how far away your buyer lives.

If you use the other option, flat rate, then you have to enter a specific dollar amount, which inevitably will undercharge some buyers and/or overcharge others.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Calculated Shipping

@rfmtm wrote:

On your Shipping Preference page you can set rules for how Calculated Shipping works, and then select the one to use when you create a listing

Yep. Adding the link for @toddsplace 

As an example, if you set up a calculated shipping rule "combine all weights" you then have the option of checking the box on the listing form and applying the rule to that listing.

If you apply the rule to 10 different listings that all offer the same service (e.g., Ground Adv, Priority, etc), and a buyer purchases 5 of those items by adding to their shopping cart, the system will add up the weight for all items and combine the shipping rate automatically.

If you don't apply the rule to your listings and a buyer purchases 5 of those items, the system will calculate shipping for each item separately, resulting in a higher shipping charge to the buyer.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Calculated Shipping

Thank you so much for your reply on my Shipping Issues.  MY problem is I do use the Calculated Shipping option putting in weight and package size.....I even add a small Handling fee.....BUT, what is happening is Ebay is DISCOUNTING postage for Buyer using eBay Shipping Label rate.  I don't use eBay Shipping Labels , thus, it is costing me More at the Post Office than eBay is collecting from the Seller.  I don't know HOW to Stop eBay from discounting postage

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Calculated Shipping

@toddsplace wrote: ... Ebay is DISCOUNTING postage for Buyer using eBay Shipping Label rate.  I don't use eBay Shipping Labels , thus, it is costing me More at the Post Office ...

That is an option in your site preferences, eBay calls it "Offer discounts to buyers". Use the link provided in the post just before yours; here it is again:

As you have noticed, you could save money by purchasing postage through eBay. Even if you don't have a printer, there's an option to produce a QR code which most Post Offices can use to generate the discounted label for you.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply