cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer using stolen funds/scammer?

Hello! I am a relatively new eBay seller, and I have a buyer who offered me 60$ above the starting bid price for an iPhonr 11. Also I tried to counteroffer a little less because I didn’t think they understood the description and I told them why but they said take the original offer, I wasn’t too suspicious tho.

they paid the $170 pretty quick, but then gave me this address:

for one, the 3601 has a period which makes me wonder if they’re trying some type of incorrect address fraud.

second, when looking up this address, there were a ton of one star reviews of people who had their PayPal hacked and then had items like electronics bought by the hackers on eBay with this address linked  to it.

also they said NOT to use USPS.

i saw a lot of eBay threads like this but many were saying that you can trust these buyers since it’s just a freight forward company. The buyer profile has great feedback but could be a hacked profile, because the name on the address is different than the name on the account (Alexei Grushevskii)

I told them to back off if they’re a scammer basically and they said “no look at my profile I buy lots of iPhone”

so basically are they using stolen money and then using a freight forwarding service to get the package so assumably Ukraine, and I’m going to get a chargeback?

or is this legit?

and what should I do?

thanks,

MD

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Being a new seller, you are a target for scams. Especially a new seller, selling a iPhone.

Go with your gut making a decision. 

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Being a new seller, you are a target for scams. Especially a new seller, selling a iPhone.

Go with your gut making a decision. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

they did also ask for a screenshot before buying of the about which includes the IMEIs andI blacked out part of the first IMEI. If I send it and he returns it I wonder if he can steal my phone info and ransom it or something, I’m not sure how these scams work, or maybe I’m overthinking it…

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Mod deleted adr. But it was the old Capitol trail deleware which some have complained about being a scam and address’s reviews say that their PayPal got hacked and ebay buyers used the money to send themselves electronics overseas from ebay, and this freight forwarding company may help cover up the end location.

and some people again say that it’s NORMAL for buyers overseas to use freight forwardinng

Message 4 of 4
latest reply