cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer states recieved wrong item

A buyer bought 3 items  amiibos and states he received 1 item a funko pop. Now I  originally thought maybe I mislabled packages so I ask what pop he received.   The pop he said he received is a pop I never have owned or listed. I ask how could I send you something I never had.  The price difference between the amiibo and aledged pop is over $100.  Person wants to send pop, which is not what was sent back for full refund.   I feel this is a scam of some sort . Does anyone have any ideas. Ebay said wait 3 days but how can I prove I honestly sent him 3 amiibos.       Help jw

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

***Sometimes*** this can be confusion between sellers.  Did you include anything with your user ID in the package, preferably a packing slip or copy of the order?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi, The copy of order was attatched to the shipping label.  The problem mainly is that I can not see how I could ship an item that I never had to begin with and what happened to the 3 amiibos?  I feel that to accept this return is admitting I shipped the item this person states they have and that is impossible.  Does E-bay work to help in a case like this?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@927433 wrote:

Does E-bay work to help in a case like this?

eBay does provide some limited arbitration, but from the information you posted, neither eBay nor anyone else can tell if you or the seller is being accurate (I use the word "accurate" rather than "lying" because sometimes people are genuinely confused rather than trying to scam).

It sucks, I know ... I've had similar situations.  But, with the way eBay is currently set up, any sort of he-said-she-said (without evidence) controversy will always be settled in the favor of the buyer.  As a result, I would suggest approving the return, hoping you get back something of value, and moving on.

*** Sometimes, an honest buyer will realize their mistake and not ship back the item ... the return is closed and you are off the hook.  But, if they return the item that you are convinced that this was a scam, then you can find  the closed return and report the buyer ... doesn't help you, but it puts a flag on the buyer.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi, thanks for response.  It is basically a "he said she said" situation.  But sadly I never owned the item he said he received and he has been unwilling to send pix of box label and item. Even though that does not prove anything or tell me were the 3 items I shipped are. I am at the mercy of ebay as it has been escalated. Thanks, jw

Message 5 of 5
latest reply