cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's refusing delivery voids money back guarentee. Is this in ebay's help articles anywhere?

If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

I've seen this in a lot of posts regarding refusals. BUT I can't find it docomented anywhere. Is it written down somewhere in ebay's help section? Seems like ebay CS isn't going to help out. Had a customer refuse a package and it never make it back. They refunded the buyer. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer's refusing delivery voids money back guarentee. Is this in ebay's help articles anywhere?

@ej-sears-enterprizes wrote:

If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

I've seen this in a lot of posts regarding refusals. BUT I can't find it docomented anywhere. Is it written down somewhere in ebay's help section? Seems like ebay CS isn't going to help out. Had a customer refuse a package and it never make it back. They refunded the buyer. Thanks!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Under the heading "When a buyer doesn't receive the item"

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Exceptions:

• The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping

• The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box

• The item arrived COD because it didn't have enough postage on it

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly

Ya beat me  Smiley Happy  I was having pasting issues - kept getting HTML error but without an HTML tab I can't fix what's wrong.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ej-sears-enterprizes

As penguins has noted, it is in the MBG although there are a few exceptions to the rule.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Is there a differance between REFUSED and RETURN TO SENDER?

The  box says refused. The tracking shows Return to Sender.

CS was hanging their hat on denying the claim because tracking doesn't say refused.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply