cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims package not received but delivery confirmation says it was delivered.

I had a buyer claim non delivery after 2 weeks from shipping date. Tracking shows that the package made it to the customers local post office but was then forwarded.  After checking into it, I found that the customer was the entity that put in the forward request. The package had been forwarded to an address that was owned by the customer but tracking did not show delivery.  It was priority mail so I told the customer to file a claim for the lost package. I guess that filing a claim spurred the post office into finding the package after another week and they updated the tracking to show out for delivery, not at the forwarded address, at the original address. It still does not show delivered. The buyer has a pay pal claim agaist my account and has not had any further contact with me. Should I wait for the customer to escalate it to a paypal claim? or should I escalate it? if neither of us do it what happens? I know that on a different dispute  I waited for a long time and finally just wanted the wait to be over so I escalated it to a claim. Within less than five minutes I got a notice from pay pal that the dispute had now been closed in favor of the buyer. They didn't have time to review anything. I was so mad I called them on the phone and eventually they reversed their decision.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer claims package not received but delivery confirmation says it was delivered.

As far as I know packages that ave been forewarded to another address no longer qualify for the money back retun policy. Call Ebay and have them investigate this. Also Pay Pal.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Good that they reversed the decision. The automated system  most of the time goes in the buyers favor that is why it was wise that you called Pay Pal and got the situation resolved. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yikes - I don't think I've ever read where a claim filed suddenly caused an items' delivery status to change!  If it originally showed as having been delivered to the address verified on file with ebay and PayPal then you should have originally been covered. 

Cannot wait to hear the final outcome on this one!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Well, that is how it is decided: When the dispute is escalated, the PayPal bot only looks for a "Delivered" to the ZIP code shown on the transaction Details page.

If there is no "Delivered" or the delivery doesn't match the ZIP code, you lose.

But you'll get a courtesy refund -- and that is not a forced reversal from the buyer -- if you call to point out the tracking.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Luckily it still said DELIVERED and was under $250, otherwise no Courtesy Refund for contacting eBay about the discrepancy?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply