cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk label printing error resulted in double charged for labels

Hello. So, I often get the Bulk Label Printing Error message. Too often. Way too often. When this happens, I usually just go into Shipping Labels and find my labels and print them that way. Yesterday, I was unable to do that. They were nowhere to be found. So I re-entered the weights and sizes for 10 orders (luckily it was a slow day...that's only a quarter of what I typically have). Everything seemed fine...until I printed my scan form and noticed it said I had 20 packages, rather than 10. So I have 10 orders with "multiple shipments".

I know how to void a shipping label...when there is just once label for one order. But now that I have 10 orders with "multiple shipments", how do I go about voiding the label/tracking that was not actually used? 

I am aware that I can contact eBay and they will most likely take care of it...but it seems to be almost impossible to get in touch with a human these days. And I figured I can't be the only one who has experienced this. 

Thanks in advance!

Jillian @ Evans Archive

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You need to select the unused labels from the list and void those.

To void a shipping label purchased through eBay, go to this page, find the label and select Void from the Actions drop-down. The void option is available for 5 days.

It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You need to select the unused labels from the list and void those.

To void a shipping label purchased through eBay, go to this page, find the label and select Void from the Actions drop-down. The void option is available for 5 days.

It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Right after I posted this question, I figured it out. I just didn't scroll down far enough. I didn't realized the first batch of labels, that disappeared after the Bulk Label Printing Error message, were a little further down. They were not there yesterday. And the second batch, that I re-entered and printed, all said multiple shipments, so I didn't have a clue that the first batch was even there. 

All taken care of. Phew!

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply