cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Have problems with items leaving the eIS hub?

I'm just wondering this, as, today I was contacted by a customer that hasn't received her package yet in GB. It went through the HUB, then it was passed off to DHL who further passed it off to a delivery service called EVRi. They tried delivering it two days ago but no luck. It is showing as "undeliverable." It is literally sitting in their area, so I would hate for it to come back here. I gave the customer the IP addresses to EVRi so they can put in their postal code and get an exact update and possibly contact them to see if it can be redelivered. Not sure what else I can do, if anything. 

My questions are:  does DHL get an exact address to deliver to? Could it be a typo from the hub relabeling it?

and

Anyone else experiencing problems with the hub itself? I had a package that disappeared for a month there in March. It took two months for the customer to receive it. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@gloryglorygifts 

According to the information provided by eBay International Shipping, once a seller's item has been confirmed as having reached the EIS shipping hub, it no longer is the responsibility of the seller, but becomes eBay's sole responsibility.

Within the past few months, I have received 2 notifications from eBay regarding EIS shipments which became "lost."  However, eBay claimed 100% responsibility, and did not take any refunds from my account.

Save yourself some headaches, and direct all your buyers with EIS problems directly back to eBay -- it is eBay who now handles all INR problems for EIS, and not the seller.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your advice. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

“Anyone else experiencing problems with the hub itself? I had a package that disappeared for a month there in March. It took two months for the customer to receive it. “

——-

@gloryglorygifts 

There have been  quite a few reports of packages taking 2+ weeks  to leave the hub.  Some get lost there but most do seem to make it to their destination. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Not sure what else I can do, if anything. 

Nothing.

It is in EIS hands once it hits the hub. Tell your buyer to contact ebay because there is little or nothing you can do and it isn't even your responsibility.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Nobody answered my first question,  

"My questions are:  does DHL get an exact address to deliver to? Could it be a typo from the hub relabeling it....."

but I appreciate your opinions.  My customer did receive it in time for her occasion. Thank you. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Nobody answered my first question,  

No one needed to because the outcome for you is the same no matter what the answer is.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It is unlikely that any manual addressing goes on for EIS shipments.

It is likely the address label for DHL and the customs declaration are computer generated from the order information.

There is NOTHING you can do to deal with the problem. NOTHING. As others have said this is in Ebay's hands.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply