cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else seeing incongruent eBay vs. USPS tracking history?

The past week or so on a few of my sold items, I've been seeing longer-than-usual lag time between a postal scan and when it appears in eBay's tracking window.  -I know it's normal for there to be a 15-minute-or-so lag, maybe even hours in some cases, but I'm talking about DAYS.  
This one is the worst.  Not showing any scans beyond the label purchase, but on USPS website it shows it was delivered on the 9th, after lots of scans including Montgomery AL, Birmingham AL, Denver CO, Portland OR.   
For this one I did respond to the "How was this tracking experience?" question at the bottom of the window, yesterday or day before.   
I'm not really worried about it, but  it's weird and I'm just wondering if anyone else is having anything similar. 
Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 4.27.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 4.27.00 PM.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, I've been seeing similar issues for a few months. It's happening with a very small number of transactions, but enough for me to notice.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've had several over the last few months.  In fact, I found one today and reported it to eBay.

I usually find them after it affects my "shipped on time" and "upload on time and not validated" percentages.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I've had several over the last few months.  In fact, I found one today and reported it to eBay.

I usually find them after it affects my "shipped on time" and "upload on time and not validated" percentages.

Poop, I was hoping it would 'know ' it was messing up and not go to my Performance metrics.  Guess I'll have to start watching that so I don't lose my TRS over it.  
Thanks for the informative reply.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

They fixed my metrics on my account when they happened in the past.

For the one I reported today  I got this response: 

We have added this to an open technical investigation.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

Hi kyle@ebay - if there is a sitewide tech ticket on this tracking issue, can you add it to the pinned post on the tech issues board please?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

May I ask, what kind of "report" have you been doing with it?  
Also do you report ones where the tracking just took a long time to 'catch up' but then reflected the same scan dates/times as USPS once they did catch up .... or ones like this ^ of mine where it appears it will never catch up?  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Spotted a price problem yesterday,  other than that a ebay standard envelope that hasn't had any scanning in over a week after dropping in the metered mail slip..

1000011547.jpg

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I haven't seen anything like that... I've noticed that sometimes there's a lag of a few hours between the USPS tracking and eBay's tracking, but I've never seen it be more than 2-3 hours off.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

Hi kyle@ebay - if there is a sitewide tech ticket on this tracking issue, can you add it to the pinned post on the tech issues board please?

Hey @wastingtime101 there is one sitewide ticket that might be related to what we're seeing in this thread.  ALERT14255.  However, this is specific to eBay Standard Envelope tracking. So @gurlcat and @golfingaddict  if you are still experiencing this tracking issue, but on labels that are other services, I would recommend contacting CS again to report these separately from the alert mentioned before.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply