cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad fee don't get refunded?

I have successfully completed "cancellation - buyer asked to cancel". Final value fee has been credited back but not the ad fee (promo listing?). I didn't realize my listing had promoted listing since it wasn't even needed, there was only one other of its kind on eBay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This just happened to me. I had a free hour... so I called EBay CS and they manually refunded. Not sure the hour I spent was worth the $1.62! Lol

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sad but true, Ebay does not auto refund any enhancement fees you paid for listings that the purchase is cancelled.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Until some time recently(?), Promoted Listing Ad fees were not refunded for returns or cancellations (but were for UPI's?), and it looks like that may have changed:
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a3__4

-------
How can I see the ad fees I am being charged for Promoted Listings and the ad fee credits for unpaid, returned, or cancelled items?
Both your ad fees and ad fee credits for unpaid items, returns, or cancelled transactions appear on your eBay invoice.

Promoted Listings fees appears in the Account Summary section of your invoice. The itemized details (such as Item title, sold to, sale price, ad rate, and ad fee) will appear further below on your invoice.

Promoted Listings credits for returned items, unpaid items, and canceled transactions are reflected on your invoice as well, along with the itemized details (such as date, title, itemID, fee type, and amount).
-------

Unclear if the credits are supposed to appear immediately, are deferred until next month's invoice (like the TRS and store PL fee credits are), or if the automatic system is broken. (I have no personal data to say one way or the other - no returns or cancellations)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply