cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDITIONAL FEDEX CHARGES FOR SHIPPING TUBES

This information is a hidden charge when creating a shipping label and not disclosed, but Fedex is charging $16.50 -$21 or more additional for cylindrical shipping tubes. I received notices for cost adjustments for prints rolled in a tube of $29 for a 3 lb. tube and a $30.32 for a 2 lb. tube . I literally could have shipped these items in large boxes with frames and glass for about the same amount. I have shipped many prints in tubes before but don't understand why  this is an issue now.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

this is $29 in addition to the original $14.95 , and $ in addition to original $17.55. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You should try taking a future one to mail to USPS post office. I see a lot who mail these tubes from the post office. The shipping cost you are paying seems really high.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

yes, I plan to ship tubes through USPS from here on

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail fees

• Parcels that are longer than 22 inches but less than 30 inches will see a $4.00 surcharge.
  • Parcels that exceed 30 inches in length will incur a $15.00 surcharge.
  • Parcel Select fees

• Parcels that are longer than 22 inches but less than 30 inches will see a $4.00 surcharge.
    • Parcels that exceed 30 inches in length will incur a $7.00 surcharge
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, unfortunately you'll see the same irregular package surcharge from both FedEx and UPS when you purchase the labels through eBay. eBay's shipping calculator does not factor in irregular packages upfront. It's not a good system currently.

As other suggested, if you ship USPS there's no surcharge for shipping round tubes, and any surcharges for length are factored in by the shipping calculator upfront.

Another option is to ship in long rectangular boxes instead of round tubes, if that's reasonable/feasible for you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Us Pirateship, they figure the charges in.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply