cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4283 Express Ln Ste 7961-600

This buyer asked me to ship to another address. Ebay just sent me a payout. I haven't shipped the item yet.

What should I do?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Doesn't seem like you've posted the full shipping address here.

Sounds like a freight forwarder.

As a seller, you are required to ship to the address you are shown when your buyer pays.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@russmagowan 

If you ship to a different address than had been originally provided by the buyer, you are no longer protected by the eBay seller agreement -- which means an unscrupulous buyer might open an "item not received" case against you -- which the buyer will automatically win.

Email your buyer that you can ONLY ship to the buyer's original address, and request that the buyer cancel the order, so that you can then re-list the item.  That will give time for the buyer to change their address and re-order the item properly.

Alternatively, you may cancel the order, using the excuse of problems with the buyer's address.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

First, make sure that the request actually came from your buyer. Sometimes, scammers will send a message asking to redirect a package that isn't even their own purchase. If the request is from a different ID, then of course you can ignore it and just ship the item.

If the request did come from your buyer, you should explain to them that you are required to ship to the address that was attached to their payment, and ask them which they would prefer: (1) ship to the original address; or (2) cancel the transaction.  You don't have to go into details about your reason: if you change the address you will have no protection against a fake "Item not received" claim.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Guess I missed the part about "buyer asked".  

I assumed that was the address shown originally to the seller when the buyer paid.

To the OP:  Ignore my message and follow instructions of other posters.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thank you very much! New Question: I explained to buyer that I can only ship to the address connected with the purchase - which is a forwarding company. Ebay has the buyer at a 100% positive rating and a member for a good number of years. Ebay sent the payment to my bank yesterday. Would I be safe just to go ahead and ship to the forwarding company and ignore the buyers request to ship somewhere else?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Ok thank you very much for your reply!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Good advice! Thank you very much for your help!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

ALL buyers have a 100% positive rating.

How long ago did you make this sale?

If it's been more than 1-2 days, and the buyer has not responded, you'd probably be best to cancel, citing "problem with buyer's address" as the reason.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I have had this happen to me a few times and here is what I did 

1. I emailed the buyer letting them know I will only ship to the address provided by them to eBay and will not change this under any circumstance .  

If you change the address per the buyers request you unfortunately will lost any sellers protection you have on the item . 

2. If the buyer keeps insisting I change it : ex another email from them , I will report the buyer to eBay "unreasonable delivery request " cancel the order and refund them 100 percent of their money and of course block them . 

Their are to many buyers and sellers that are scammers on line to take any unnecessary  chances  

Hope this helps 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Ok - thank you so much! The following is the message I just got from the buyer: "No problem send to the

original address but without the value. It's a gift." Question: would it be safe to go ahead and ship to the forwarding company which (again) is the address listed with the sale?  Thank you! I don't want to be a problem for you I just am becoming very concerned about all the new ways scammers are working 24/7/365. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply