cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 addresses on shipping label

I did not notice that there were 2 addresses on the shipping label.  It was mailed and delivered.  Unfortunately, it was delivered not to the sellers address (Wisconsin) but to another address (Florida) on the label.  The seller doesn't no why there are 2 addresses on the label. She had ordered other items and received them.  Not sure what I can do except wait to see if the package goes back into the USPS system and mailed to her.  She is willing to wait a few days to see if it arrives.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@joycerink wrote:

I did not notice that there were 2 addresses on the shipping label. 

Can you clarify what that means?

Are you saying there were 2 entirely separate names and full shipping addresses on the physical label you printed @joycerink ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Are you the buyer or seller?

Shipping labels do have 2 addresses, the shippers and the buyers.

Are you saying there was 2 ship to addresses?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There was the sellers name and the sellers address and then another address.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@joycerink wrote:

There was the sellers name and the sellers address and then another address.

The seller's name/address will be there on the top left corner as the return address.

The buyer's name/address will be in larger font in the middle of the label. Is that what you mean @joycerink ?

usps-samplelabel.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sorry I meant the buyers name. So it looked like this

Jane doe

123 road, city state zip

456 road

City, state zip

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I am not being mean or critical here...

but did you not notice that the address looked "extremely weird?"

and maybe needed some clarification?

an address and a po box are 'common' but 2 "complete" addresses? 

in different cities/state/zip.....

on 4 lines?   very strange

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you printed the label through eBay then that is an issue with how the buyer entered their address at checkout.

If the package gets returned to you, the sender, you are covered by seller protections and will have several options on how to handle it. If the package gets returned to you, come back here for advice.

If the package is delivered to one of the street addresses provided by the buyer, but they file a non-receipt claim, enter tracking to the claim and escalate to eBay after a few days. eBay will find in your favor as long as you shipped to the address on the order details page.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

There is one buyers name with 2 complete addresses (two different states)

Message 9 of 9
latest reply