cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 days to 30 days.

*ebay seller beware of recent unsupported >Return Policy<

*As a ebay SELLER, listing my (items) I have checked the box with a minimum of (14 days) return on a purchased item on the Listing page with ALL my listings.

*Resently ebay changed this minimum return policy time from (14 days) to (30 days) for Sellers to comply with this resent ebay policy.

*I did not understand this NEW requirement because (14 days) was on my listing page that I have been using untill this date: 22 December 2018. I made a phone contact as a seller to ebay to TALK to a reprsenative with this seller LISTING issue as minsioned. This ebay cotact person was most clear and helpful and respectful about this change that the emails (did not) have any clarity with this change from (14 days to 30days). Only an email: ebay(ebay@ebay.com)

Update your listigs now to ensure they comply with recent security, policy and listing requirements updates.

3 of your listings have an unsuppoprted return policy. Listings with unsupported return policy will not be automatically re-listed. Learn more about our new teturn policy guidance.

We've identified listings that need to be revised. 

My question: why not help SELLER time with straight forward first contact helpful changes spelled out by email ?

abat21

Seller

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

14 days to 30 days.

@abat21 wrote:
 .. why not help SELLER time with straight forward first contact helpful changes spelled out by email ?...

eBay has semi-annual updates in which these policy changes are announced, and deadlines given.  This latest contact was your reminder about that.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

14 days to 30 days.

The updates were spammed to everybody. If you didn't bother to read the messages eBay can't be held responsible.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

14 days to 30 days.

@adlo779 wrote:
The updates were spammed to everybody. If you didn't bother to read the messages eBay can't be held responsible.

I never receive any emails from Ebay regarding the Seller Updates. If I didn't check the Announcement Board and come to these boards I would never know when they come out since they bounce around all over the calendar.

Also, if the OP was listing stuff in those few categories that still allow 14 day returns then they would not have gotten any warning or notice of the change. Also when using Turbo Lister that is so out of date that it still allows 14 day returns in all categories and still has a slot to type in a return policy even after Ebay did away with that section.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

14 days to 30 days.

This policy change has been common knowledge for almost a YEAR!  The seller updates are easy to find.  This was very clear in the seller update-ya gotta read these things.  BTW no need to put tons of policies in any listings-stuff like returns are already automatically noted just below the price.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply