cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel an order.

Hello everyone!

First I want to say that I’m sorry if I can’t explain myself well. English isn’t my mother language.

And now, here’s the case:

I ordered an item two days ago with a 15.99 shipping cost, because I needed it fast. I have a PO Box and in the ‘‘shipping and payments’’ section, I saw that the seller didn’t put PO Boxes in the ‘‘Excludes’’ part, so I thought everything was all right.

I received feedback in my account but the item didn’t shipped that day and yesterday either.

I checked yesterday and saw that the seller didn’t ship to PO Boxes in the ‘‘Description’’.

Obviously I tried to contact the seller to say that it was my mistake and I would like to cancel the order, because I didn’t read that. All in the same day.

Still have no answer but the seller read the message.

The item haven’t shipped yet, of course.

I never canceled an order before and I wish help, because I don’t want to lose the money that I paid for the item and the shipping cost.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Cancel an order.

If your item does not arrive by the last expected delivery date in your purchase history then open a case the day after it is due.    The case is called item not received.  http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

The seller should not have taken the extra money from you for fast shipping and then take their time shipping.  They may plan on shipping it using a method that delivers to PO boxes.   

The seller should have their buyer preferences set up in their account so that you would not even have been able to bid. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Cancel an order.

Hi, only the seller can cancel. If you've already contacted them, wait and see what they do. They might ship it after all. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

Yeah, I'll wait for an answer but I don't think they will ship it. The item was supposed to be in my PO Box today, so I hope that at least I can have a full refund.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

If your item does not arrive by the last expected delivery date in your purchase history then open a case the day after it is due.    The case is called item not received.  http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

The seller should not have taken the extra money from you for fast shipping and then take their time shipping.  They may plan on shipping it using a method that delivers to PO boxes.   

The seller should have their buyer preferences set up in their account so that you would not even have been able to bid. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

I didn't bid, I saw the item and bought it, reading were I always do (General description (Condition, brand, etc.) and Shipping and payments). 

The item was supossed to be in my PO Box today, as I said before... But I noticed in the description (late) that they don't (Not in the place that it should be).

Its my fault?

I should wait for an answer?

Thanks for your answer 🙂

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

Not your fault at all. Sellers fault. If you don't get it tomorrow then open an item not received case. I would not wait on the seller to respond as they set up the listing wrong.

I don't know why some sellers do not want to ship to PO boxes. The only problem would be if the seller is shipping UPS or FEDEX.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

Hello again!

I wanted to thank you both for the patience you had with me, I believe that now I have an idea of what I should do.

I’ll wait for an answer tomorrow and check my PO Box, If the item or message isn’t there then I’m going to open the case.

I saw the item again and they removed the one day shipping option today…

I hope everything goes well.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

You cannot open a case until one day after the last expected delivery date, and even then the seller has a few more days to get the package to you. 

And comics was in error, it is NOT the seller's fault.  It is your responsibility to read all the information in the listing before you buy.  However, unless this is a package too large to mail, your seller should not be blocking PO Boxes - just my opinion, eBay allows it. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

Hello!

I was thinking the same thing, about It was my fault. It's the first time that I had an experience like this and I just wanted to know what to do.

In the end, the seller send me a full refund, cancelling the order as I requested. I'm glad everything went well.

Thank you all!

EDIT: The item is small, buf if they don't want to ship to PO Boxes, I understand.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

If the seller does not want to ship to PO boxes then they just need to set up their shipping preferences in their account section then the buyer would not have been able to buy. This is why I think it's the seller fault for not setting up their listing correctly.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

Cancel order

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

@propanenight00_9 wrote:

Hello everyone!

First I want to say that I’m sorry if I can’t explain myself well. English isn’t my mother language.

And now, here’s the case:

I ordered an item two days ago with a 15.99 shipping cost, because I needed it fast. I have a PO Box and in the ‘‘shipping and payments’’ section, I saw that the seller didn’t put PO Boxes in the ‘‘Excludes’’ part, so I thought everything was all right.

I received feedback in my account but the item didn’t shipped that day and yesterday either.

I checked yesterday and saw that the seller didn’t ship to PO Boxes in the ‘‘Description’’.

Obviously I tried to contact the seller to say that it was my mistake and I would like to cancel the order, because I didn’t read that. All in the same day.

Still have no answer but the seller read the message.

The item haven’t shipped yet, of course.

I never canceled an order before and I wish help, because I don’t want to lose the money that I paid for the item and the shipping cost.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

When I actively sold here, I used FedEx who will not deliver to a PO Box - I put it in the listing and never had an issue.  All I asked for was a phone number not for me to call the buyer, but if there was an issue with delivery, FedEx will sometimes call.  That was in the listing.  For those that did not comply, item was sent w/o phone number

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Cancel an order.

I Order Khaki shues 

Item number 351928786890

I NEED ONLY KHAKI COLOR

Message 15 of 19
latest reply